1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer Front end alignment

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by twfsa, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    twfsa

twfsa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    Can you get a decent front end alignment at the Toyota dealer after a new set of front coils (OEM 881) and Bilstiens 5100's set @ 0, my truck does not wander or pull, tracks straight but,I am considering a alignment, and not sure about useung the dealer or a franchise repair shop.

2. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    After my lift, I had a private shop do the aligment, but later went to the dealer for the lower ball joint recall, which included an alignment. The alignment is fine, but they noted that they could not get caster to spec because of the aftermarket suspension. No problems, though. But this really may be a shop-by-shop issue. Depends who is doing the alignment, not what patch is on the shirt.

3. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    My dealer does a great job and I usually take it there for alignments. It's usually like $78 which is what I was paying at another place I was using before the dealer, except now the drive is closer and the dealer takes me home for free while they work on the truck.

If you have it set at 0 and it tracks straight you MAY not need it. I just installed a 3/4" lift spacer on my FJ and it tracked straight and all but I still took it in to be sure (just got new tires recently and didn't want uneven wear). Turns out it didn't need an alignment despite the spacer, everybjng was still in spec.

Products Discussed in

To Top