Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

cv joints

Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
cv joints

While we were working on my truck this weekend i noticed a lot of black oil or grease on the shaft of my passenger side cv...its on the inner boot as well...there dont seem to be any rips or anything in the boot...however this is obviously NOT good...

im supposed to go wheeling with hodge in ure in a couple weeks...is this something i need to be concerned with busting while im wheeling? should i replace it now or wait till after the trip? any thing else i should do instead?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
While we were working on my truck this weekend i noticed a lot of black oil or grease on the shaft of my passenger side cv...its on the inner boot as well...there dont seem to be any rips or anything in the boot...however this is obviously NOT good...

im supposed to go wheeling with hodge in ure in a couple weeks...is this something i need to be concerned with busting while im wheeling? should i replace it now or wait till after the trip? any thing else i should do instead?
yeah....no rips or anything.........not sure why its coming out!!! may need to get it checked to be on the safe side bro!!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah....no rips or anything.........not sure why its coming out!!! may need to get it checked to be on the safe side bro!!
I vote for a quick check up- If it was a major blow out you could prolly get away with it and get it fixed after just keeping an eye on it. but without an obvious reason to be throwing grease...prolly should figure out where it's coming from...