1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cel is on i have a slew of codes

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by toysr5man, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    toysr5man

toysr5man [OP] Auto thrasher

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    downtown, castile ny
    Vehicle:
    03 tundra trd. 01 taco 4x4 4cyl.
    5100 billys, add a leaf, 6.5 ' meyer plow, 265/75/16. diff drop, tundra brake upgrade, wheelers stainless stell braided brake lines, steering column mod
    i posted this in 1st gen. but i thought i might get more help in this section.

hi guys.
    i bought a 01 tacoma a couple months back. it didnt run when i bought it. we found i had a broken flex plate. we replaced with a used one and she runs good. ive been tinkering with it for a while now. i put it on the road today, and of course the cel light came on. it was on when i bought it but having the battery unhooked it went off. i had been running it around the yard and it stayed off.

so here comes the typical question why is it on? lol.
    i have three codes
    p0125
    p0141
    p1135.

these codes are off a mac scanner, these are in the order they appear.
    i have been researching on here and am more confused then when i started.

my buddy with the scanner checked the coolant temp. in park with his foot on the gas, about 1500 rpm's it read at a high reading of 194 degrees. so i believe the t-stat is working fine. at a idle it read 180.

when i got done with my buddy and his mac scanner i had advance auto double check it. they matched his codes in the same order.

there suggestion was to start with the cooloant temp switch. so theres no confusion cause i could be getting it wrong. its not the switch for the gauge but the one for the ecm.

so my real question is, if this was your truck where would you start? in some of the old posts i went through , i could tell there where some people on here that really knew there shit. hoping one of you guys will chime in.

thanks again
    and before i forget she is an 01 taco 4x4 4cl 2.7l auto. it has 185,000 miles, when the engine was out i put plugs and a new fuel filter and air filter on it as well.
    any help is appreciated
    thanks
    doug

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    The Munster

The Munster I like turtles!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    Moody AFB, GA
    knowing what the codes description will hellp out

3. Dec 15, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    Yikes, those aren't the usual O2 sensor codes... Then again that's what the P0141 could be......

That looks like some pretty big codes, and with the ammount of miles you have I'm not suprised. I can't offer too much advice.

4. Dec 16, 2010 at 2:36 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    125 Is an E(ngine)C(oolant)T(emp) error code. The ECT communicates with the ECM about the operating temp and how much fuel is needed. When its cold the ECT signals the ECM that more fuel is needed. These sensors are typically located on the bottom of the radiator

141 and 1135 are O2 error codes. You can start with replacing the O2 sensors. Might as well replace them all if possible.

Also run a can of seafoam through the throttle or something, get all the junk thats in there cleaned out.

Products Discussed in

To Top