Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Factory Electronic Rear Locker

Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Electronic Rear Locker

Anyone know were i might be able to pick up an Electronic Rear Locker cheap?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
jasonh just posted this junkyard

http://www.alltoyotatrucksuvparts.com/
Old 07-31-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
wow they had one but they wanted 750.00 for it
Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
i just found a one for 431.26 on toyota. heres the link.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=9&catalogid=1

how hard would it be to put one of these in myslef? any clue?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
that 750 probably got you the whole rear end lol you would hope any way lol
Old 07-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You have to get the whole rear axle unless you already have an e locker equipped axle. They are different sizes (locked is an 8", open or LSD is a 8.4")
Old 07-31-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
tossed salad anyone?

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
crap. so i have to buy new axle housing and shafts too????
Old 07-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
crap. so i have to buy new axle housing and shafts too????
I think so, but I'm not sure.

In the next year or so, I plan on doing the same thing OR going the ARB route. The ARB is just so damn expensive.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I think so, but I'm not sure.

In the next year or so, I plan on doing the same thing OR going the ARB route. The ARB is just so damn expensive.
Not only that, but you have to plumb air lines were you won't snag them offroading. And if you lose the compressor, you're screwed. With the e-locker there's a spot you can jam a screwdriver to engage the locker if the actuator dies. Don't ask me where though! I've only seen it mentioned and the pic a couple times so I don't remember specifics offhand.