Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Fuse Tap to DC Power

Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Fuse Tap to DC Power

Hey Guys and Gals,

A while ago I was browsing the site and I found a thread that was talking about GPS locations. One of the guys on here purchased a Fuse Tap to DC Power converter so that he could plug in his GPS as if it were hard-wired. He mounted his GPS to his windshield and wired the DC power cable to the fuse box in the cab. From there, he had a DC female that tapped an existing fuse.

My first question is - does something like that really exist or am I imagining things.

Second Questions - if it does exist, where can I find it? I have looked all over the web and tacomaworld for a solution and have found nothing.

Your help is much appreciated.

Sorry for my lack of technical words. I don't speak electrical.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You can get fuse taps at autozone (or something similar). You need the smaller fuse type (two sizes available).
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...fier=32416_0_0_