1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does attaching D-rings under the side rails affect the fit of a Bakflip Tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by SFTacomaGuy, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    SFTacomaGuy

SFTacomaGuy [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma Sport
    Does attaching D-rings under the side rails affect the fit of a Bakflip Tonneau cover
    I just ordered a Bakflip G2 Tonneau cover and know that it attaches into the side rails (hence my interest in adding D-rings). I plan to fit D-rings to the bed bolts but would also like to fit them under the side rails as some of you have done. Will this create a problem with the fit of my new tonneau cover?

Picture pulled from: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/90069-new-d-rings-available-6.html
    [​IMG]

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    It might.... the holes are already drilled in the tonneau cover and the rails. Putting the rings behind the side rails might push the holes off center enough to where you would need to ream them out.

Products Discussed in

To Top