Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

EGR valve cleaning

Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
EGR valve cleaning

when should the egr valve be cleaned and what is the best way to clean the egr valve? is it necessary to take it off and let it soak?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Most people just do a seafoam treatment. Look for it on youtube.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

did that about 2 months ago, if thats all it needs then mission accomplished. thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #4

after seafoaming i am still gettingthe P0402 EGR excessive flow code. if i take the EGR valve off what should i look for to be cleaned?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #6

well im a college student on a budget, if its not really expensive i dont mind replacing it but i dont mind fixing things if that will solve the problem...also i will be getting rid of the truck within a year so im trying not to drop too much money into the truck.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
It's not necessarily the EGR. It could be the EGR temp sensor or the VSV is bad. It would also help to inspect the lines for a vac leak.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repa...e3/cip0402.pdf
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #9

thanks, but i dont have access to a temperature guage or anything like that. i guess ill have to bring it in somewhere or get my hands on one