Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Innovate motorsports OBD2 - No more UltraGuage or ScanGuage

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
Innovate motorsports OBD2 - No more UltraGuage or ScanGuage

Just bought this unit, $152 Free shipping:

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A5714A0A0.aspx

This is what it can do, I think this is much better than Ultraguage or Scanguage II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-opyQyzfZvo?fs=1
Old 12-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
I have a $50 BlueTooth OBDII scanner and a piece of software called Torque for my Android phone, pretty much does all of this. its not as pretty, but very very customizable.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
I have a $50 BlueTooth OBDII scanner and a piece of software called Torque for my Android phone, pretty much does all of this. its not as pretty, but very very customizable.
Nice, I should receive it by friday. Will post some photos and a review.

Another video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBgVA5dNQAI?fs=1
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
Update! Just received the device after a back-order, here are some images:

Installed under the cup-holder, You'll never know its there. Only thing you see is the iPod or iPhone.

This my trip back from the border, not bad for city driving

Live stream from the WIFI hot spot that it creates:
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sweet!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
I will be shooting a video soon, Excellent product. Creates a WIFI spot in the car. Any vehicle with OBDII port may use this. It has so many gauges that can be programed and also comes with a PC software that you can hookup to your laptop
Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks good. It only works with the crappy Iphone though.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
lol I only have an iPod touch, first generation.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ill be waiting for video. I want something that reacts faster than my Ultragauge. I had a Scangauge before but I didn't like the lack of alarms.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
I should be shooting it soon, there are plenty of them on YouTube already
Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by =JSG= View Post
I should be shooting it soon, there are plenty of them on YouTube already
Lol. Duh. I didn't think about that. I'm at work anyway so I can view youtube. Hope it works well for you.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd...i have a scangauge II and i havent had it hooked up to my truck in over a month...i think its times for an upgrade

plus, i got my ipod touch on me at all times
Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
That is the reason why I got this, my ipod is always in the truck
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
when you say it "creates a wifi hotspot in the car".. you cant possibly mean it creates a wireless internet connection, do you?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #17
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
does it charge the ipod?

edit: duh... connects wifi lol

can you still play music while the app is working?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #18
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
when you say it "creates a wifi hotspot in the car".. you cant possibly mean it creates a wireless internet connection, do you?
i doubt it. i think i just uses wifi to connect just like your router connects but instead of the internet it communicates with the device
Old 12-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
MidnightSun is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
MidnightSun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks JSG. This will be my Christmas present to myself
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #20
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Does it support the droid x? My ipod touch is bricked.

Products Discussed in this Thread