Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

cb wiring help

Old 12-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
kelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant future

Army: 3 bde 2id
Name: brad
kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
cb wiring help

so i searched and checked the wiring basics and im still lost. i have no idea how to connect my pos. wire to a fuse or the neg to the chassis or anything. someone bail me out plz. i can build a deck but i cant install a fu**ing cb
Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
kelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant future

kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
ok so anything? i know your probably thinking WOW, but i build things, not wire things. so plz help its christmas time
Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Positive to power fuse is running a positive wire from a switched or constant power accessory fuse in your fuse box to the radio. Wire to ground is connecting to the chassis or body, usually via a wire run to a bolt through body or soldering to an area with pain scraped off. Your manual will tell you what accessory fuse slots you have and where. If you cant get a good ground you could always run a wire back to your battery.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #4

kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
ok maybe a dumb question but how do i wire it to a fuse?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Rbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the rough

Name: Richard
Rbohno's Tacoma Gallery
I would go to your local auto parts and ask the guys in there to show you where/how to connect the positive. The auto parts can sell you the crimp on connectors(.99) package to do that.
Then just find a bolt or screw that is threaded into the body of your truck and use that for ground.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #6

kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
hmm ok. maybe ill try that
Old 12-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought a plug that you connect the wire to and plug into you cigarette lighter. not sure if that's an option for you but its sweet for quick disconnects.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Where you located in WA?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Here is one of the easiest ways to add a 12 volt accessory by just tapping into your fuses...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=5897929
Old 12-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
chehalis
Old 12-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Get yourself an "Add A Circuit" for the switched + power and put an crimp on eye to the black wire and connect it to any number of bolts that attach to chassis ground.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry my link didn't work....

Go to www.autozone.com and do a search for bussmann
Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #13

kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help im going to try going to autozone today, and im located in lacey
Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelch89 View Post
so i searched and checked the wiring basics and im still lost. i have no idea how to connect my pos. wire to a fuse or the neg to the chassis or anything. someone bail me out plz. i can build a deck but i cant install a fu**ing cb

I am on the same boat as you right now.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #16
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Does it matter WHich fuse place in the fuse box you pick ??
Try and find the radio or ignition fuse or any fuse that will Not have power flowing while the key is off.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Try and find the radio or ignition fuse or any fuse that will Not have power flowing while the key is off.
The Fuse box is on driver side close to the door behind all the gauges right?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #18
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The Fuse box is on driver side close to the door behind all the gauges right?
I'm not sure on the 2nd gens but on mine it is right above the driver side kick panel
Old 12-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #19
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I'm not sure on the 2nd gens but on mine it is right above the driver side kick panel
THanks 01Tacoma I got it all hooked up now i am stoked. I am learning how to do all this electrical crap. SO i hooked up the Red Wire which is AUx wire to the Fuse Panel. Orange wire went to the Battery and THe black Wire went to the CHasis.

"Got to enjoy the little THings " Zombieland
Old 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #20

Quote:
THanks 01Tacoma I got it all hooked up now i am stoked. I am learning how to do all this electrical crap. SO i hooked up the Red Wire which is AUx wire to the Fuse Panel. Orange wire went to the Battery and THe black Wire went to the CHasis.

"Got to enjoy the little THings " Zombieland
im glad you got it working, and ive always wondered what the orange wire was for i never used it, all my new cb has is the red and black wires