Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

tranny problems

Old 10-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
Bud is on a distinguished road

Bud's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy tranny problems

I've been experiencing the same problems with the Tacoma 06 V6 5sp auto tranny shift up and down unnessarily when using the cruise control and then it suddenly increasing the set speed by 10 or more K on flat level highway. Scared the heck out of me. If I drive slowly at posted speeds without the cruise control engaged my best mileage is 20 mpg. but it's usually around 18to 19 mpg. From a dead stop at the lights with brakes engaged you are able to feel the truck wanting to jump or lurch forward. You really need to be aware that your foot is into that pedal when stopped. Also have the shuddering problem from quick acceleration and deceleration when using the transmission shifting from 5 to 4 while applying brakes. It almost feels like the rear end shuddering. We just had are first snowfall of the year and I've had an opportunity to drive in some crappy conditions just the last couple of days using the 4 wheel drive. With the current factory tires Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/65R17. Terrible on snow and ice, Tacoma was having real problems with traction on the corners and even manueuvering through the parking lots. I would not trust those tires to get me out of a ditch. I've defiendly got to purchase some winter tires and put them on winter rims. (any suggestions would be helpful).
Old 10-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
i believe the 05+ auto transmissions are built to mimic a manual transmission. they up shift and downshift at points where the driver would shift if driving a 5/6 speed.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoarezee View Post
i believe the 05+ auto transmissions are built to mimic a manual transmission. they up shift and downshift at points where the driver would shift if driving a 5/6 speed.
You Sir are correct. I also recommend getting some decent winter tires on the rig. Mine came with the BFG All Terrian's and they work really well for an all around tire.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #4
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
You Sir are correct. I also recommend getting some decent winter tires on the rig. Mine came with the BFG All Terrian's and they work really well for an all around tire.
Dammit Tapatalk...