1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear suspension making truck sit with right side high.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by arif, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    arif

arif [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Washington, New Zealand, Mammoth Lakes, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 04 v6 access cab 4X4 SR5
    I have a 04' access cab 4x4 and after looking at it on a flat surface I noticed that the right side of the bed or rear bumper was sitting higher than the left. I get a tape out and measured the distance between the top of the the tire and the top of the wheel arch. I found that there is a about an inch difference from the two sides.

Do any of you guys know what this may be from? Is there a way to get it back to being level?

I hope its not a bent frame but i feel it very well could be.

Thanks a ton for a great site. (just found it)

Adam

2. Dec 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    Canuckwithatruck

Canuckwithatruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Bow Lake, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport
    OME 885 Coils Light Racing UCA's Dakar Leaf Pack
    By right side I assume that you mean.... nevermind if the driver side is lower than the passenger it is most likely just the common taco lean. As the fuel tank, battery and driver (heavy items) are both on the driver side it tends to lean towards that side.

Nothing to worry about. If it really bothers you, buy a shim to level it out.

3. Dec 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    FlyingWil

FlyingWil Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Sonoran Desert
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Expedition Ready
    Shrockworks Front Bumper, LightForce 240's, PIAA 510's,T-Max 9000 competition winch with Outback (longer drum) and modified brake wireless controller and Masterpull line with Viking safety thimble, Rugged Ridge Hawse, Daystar Winch isolator, SAW Racerunner 2.5 coilovers, Safari Snorkel, IBS dual battery system with RBM, Scangauge II, Total Vision self spotting kit and monitor with aux output and remote, Low Tek Gauge pod with Cyberdyne gauges for fridge and battery, Yeasu FT-7800 head unit mounted in ceiling linner and speaker Larson Hood mount, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio in the ash tray location,'lil Wil Mag mount antenna, Odessey 1200 MJT & Die Hard Plat. dual batteries, Can-Back with extra mounts, Blue Sea 12 st Fuse Box, 100 Amp 100 Amp Relay, Extremeaire & 5 Gal air tank w/ 145 psi switch, Custom bed drawer system, Engel Mt-45 with TwoZone, protective covers, and Engel Slide Eezi-Awn 1600 RTT w/ Ikea LED light mod, and sheet set, CBI offroad Expedition rear bumper, jerry can tir
    The drivers-side lean is fairly common. Some of the aftermarket lifts take this into consideration. Since it shows you have an Pre-05 Tacoma, most springs on the nicer lift kits will have a different spring rate for the drivers side and passenger side (like the OME Dakar's). If you put the truck on a scale the drivers side will weight more, this is because the battery, fuel tank and driver are all on the same side.

Products Discussed in

To Top