Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rear suspension making truck sit with right side high.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
arif is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
arif's Tacoma Gallery
Rear suspension making truck sit with right side high.

I have a 04' access cab 4x4 and after looking at it on a flat surface I noticed that the right side of the bed or rear bumper was sitting higher than the left. I get a tape out and measured the distance between the top of the the tire and the top of the wheel arch. I found that there is a about an inch difference from the two sides.

Do any of you guys know what this may be from? Is there a way to get it back to being level?

I hope its not a bent frame but i feel it very well could be.

Thanks a ton for a great site. (just found it)

Adam
Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Canuckwithatruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Canuckwithatruck's Tacoma Gallery
Lean

By right side I assume that you mean.... nevermind if the driver side is lower than the passenger it is most likely just the common taco lean. As the fuel tank, battery and driver (heavy items) are both on the driver side it tends to lean towards that side.

Nothing to worry about. If it really bothers you, buy a shim to level it out.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
FlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wil
FlyingWil's Tacoma Gallery
The drivers-side lean is fairly common. Some of the aftermarket lifts take this into consideration. Since it shows you have an Pre-05 Tacoma, most springs on the nicer lift kits will have a different spring rate for the drivers side and passenger side (like the OME Dakar's). If you put the truck on a scale the drivers side will weight more, this is because the battery, fuel tank and driver are all on the same side.