LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Clack Clack after pulling out of driveway

Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Clack Clack after pulling out of driveway

got an interesting one for you guys today. Our patient is an '08 TRD Offroad with a lift, auto tranny.

Start up truck
Wait for it to warm up for a bit
shift into reverse
back out of driveway onto street
come to a complete stop
shift into drive
drive forward normally. In about 10 to 15 feet, there is an audible "clack clack" sound from outside the truck.

What is this noise?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I haven't checked to see if it happens every time because I can't hear it with the windows up and I'm not always thinking about it.

It's not a first thing in the morning thing, either. Yesterday I drove for an hour of freeway driving. Got home, turned off truck in the driveway, went inside for 5 minutes and came back out to go to work. Same scenario as above.

Sounds like it could be this situation, because that time I was pulling up to my mailbox so I might have heard it after breaking. I'll play around a bit.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Nuggety

lol the only people in the neighborhood home at that time is a guy in a wheelchair with his nurse. I could ask him if he's part of the crips but I think he'd take it wrong.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I saw clack clack and that's the fist thing that came to mind.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Nuggety

Timmah...