Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

110vac receptacle in bed of TRD Sport

Old 12-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
jm1chael is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
jm1chael's Tacoma Gallery
110vac receptacle in bed of TRD Sport

I recently bought a 2010 TRD SPort Tacoma. From a practical standpoint, what exactly can you power from the bed receptacle? And if I go beyond the current limit, will it harm the electrical system? Thanks for any help forthcoming. Mike G
Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had some LED christmas lights in my bed. Thats probably the only thing ill ever use it for..
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1chael View Post
I recently bought a 2010 TRD SPort Tacoma. From a practical standpoint, what exactly can you power from the bed receptacle? And if I go beyond the current limit, will it harm the electrical system? Thanks for any help forthcoming. Mike G
Well to be exact! its a 115vac or 400watts converter so you can only power up things in that range. it wont let you go beyond the current limit, so no worries there. just small stuff, like i powered a soldering gun up to it and it worked, but tried to power up a portable vacumm and it wouldnt work.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Up to 400 watts of lighting,laptop,cordless chargers,anything thats stays below the wattage and amperage.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
jm1chael is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
jm1chael's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Mike
Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I keep one of these that I use