1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cat cleaners. Anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tacowade, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Jan 12, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    tacowade

tacowade [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    deerwood,mn
    Vehicle:
    95tacoma4x4
    I was wondering if anyone has tried catalytic converter cleaners and do they work?

2. Jan 12, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    GiverDeaner

GiverDeaner Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Kamloops,BC
    Vehicle:
    Nicest 2ndGen in town Wannabe
    3"lift,33/11.5's,TRD Bronze rims,HID fogs and headlights,All LED's,Black front lip,Fogs on when high beams on mod.
    Not sure what product you are refering to but where I work we have recently started using a product called Terra-clean,its a product introduced into the fuel line via a machine useing compressed air.It runs the vehicle on the chemicals with an electric charge alone for about 20min.
    The product is suppose to clean the injectors,combustion chamber,valves and restore the Cat converter to new.The sales rep had me graph the o2 sensors and fuel trim.The subject car had 30,000m and was 2 years old.
    The graphed data was perfect to begin with due to how clean modern vehicles run(most import manufacturers don't recommend injection cleaning flushes).After the Terra-clean was done nothing had changed.The expensive product in my eyes had done dick.The results may have been different on a high miler.
    The sales rep still assured me that the power and fuel mileage would be improved.
    In true online forum style I will give my opinion,your vehicles ecu is very smart,it can sense the smallest emission related problem and is designed to do just that.If your vehicle has a catalyst efficiancy code absolutely try it.If your truck runs well and does not have a check engine light I would pass unless it is really cheap.If you have a high miler it could do some good but I have seen inside of a lot of modern engines and they are pretty squeaky clean compared to 15 years ago.
    In short whatever makes you feel good I recommend.

3. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    N3ZAT

N3ZAT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Coatesville,Pa.
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    saws up front/TC UCA/rear AAL
    I've got ocean front property for sale in Arizona ??????

Products Discussed in

To Top