1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clicking sound when turning "Normal?"

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by SURFTACO, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
    Gents,

I previously posted a thread concerning a "clicking noise" while turning during a u turn or a sharp turn. A few posted "suggesting" that it could possibly be from CV joint damage, so I took my truck to toyota this morning to get it looked at.

I just received a call from the service department saying the the tech said that the clicking sound after a certain amount of turning radius is "normal". The tech supposedly checked the suspension, cv axles, and boots and said everything was in order and looked fine.

The thing is that I never really noticed this sound before after having the truck for over a year and a half. Before I go and pick up the truck, I wanted to get some feedback, advice, etc. about it.....is this really "Normal?"

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Are the steering bumpstops in good shape?

3. Jan 14, 2011 at 5:23 AM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
    Ill check today. A buddy of mine also suggested greasing the zerk fittings on the tie rod ends?

Products Discussed in

To Top