Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Code P0705 = BAD NEWS!!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Code P0705 = BAD NEWS!!!!

Hey ladies and bruces,

so the other day, my airbag light came on, couldn't shift out of park unless I used manual override button, and my ultraguage said 'code p0705'.

Took her to the shop to see what the deal was.

$900 later, its a wiring harness for the transmission...

some people have paid up to $1500....

moral of the story...

code P0705 = bad news bears!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInMaine View Post
Hey ladies and bruces,

so the other day, my airbag light came on, couldn't shift out of park unless I used manual override button, and my ultraguage said 'code p0705'.

moral of the story...

Old 01-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #4
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
yeh, tell me about it
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInMaine View Post
Hey ladies and bruces,

moral of the story...

What is this button you speak of?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
MadeInMaine

EMS:
just to the left of the shifter, there is a tab that you can pull up, and there is a button under it.
You can push this button and it will override the computer that tells the transmission not to shift out of PARK.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 AM   #7
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
MadeInMaine

EMS:
no problem
Old 06-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
al_marston is on a distinguished road
al_marston's Tacoma Gallery
check fuse IG1 that is in the cab fuse box. Had the same problem after hooking up a buddies boat trailer. Nothing like being stuck at the boat ramp blocking everyone on a sunny day!

Replaced the fuse, cleared the code all is well
Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_marston View Post
check fuse IG1 that is in the cab fuse box. Had the same problem after hooking up a buddies boat trailer. Nothing like being stuck at the boat ramp blocking everyone on a sunny day!

Replaced the fuse, cleared the code all is well
5 months too late! And probably something the OP sure as hell doesn't want to hear $900 later. But the rest of us appreciate it.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
toytaco970 is just really nicetoytaco970 is just really nicetoytaco970 is just really nicetoytaco970 is just really nicetoytaco970 is just really nice
toytaco970's Tacoma Gallery
Just had the same issue. Wired up a set up secondary back up lights that blew the IG1 fuse. I got the P0705 code along with the the SRS light too. Truck wouldn't shift out of park, had to use the manual override button. Also killed the turn signals. I replaced the 10a fuse with a 15a so hopefully it will hold the load now.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #13
fixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Mike
fixnfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytaco970 View Post

I replaced the 10a fuse with a 15a so hopefully it will hold the load now.
That's never a good idea. Fuses are easier to replace than wiring. SOMETHING is causing the fuse to blow.