1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what to do with error codes?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Quast, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    Quast

Quast [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Mission, BC
    Vehicle:
    03 toyota tacoma 3.4L
    3'' OME lift, Deck plate mod, spidertrax wheel spacers, 12'' alpine type S sub.
    hi guys i recently had my check engine light come up and i pulled the codes. the first one was p0031 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)which to my understanding is just the o2 sensor that needs replacing and the second code was P0456 Evaporative Emissions System - Small leak detected, this one i have no idea what it means. i searched through the site and couldnt come up with anything relating to the p00456. anyone have any ideas what i should look for first? try and just replace the fuel cap maybe? and does anyone know where the o2 sensor goes and how to get to it? and last question aha once these things are fixed does the light shut off on its own or do you have to do it by the code reader? thanks in advance guys :rolleyes:

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    Quast

Quast [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Mission, BC
    Vehicle:
    03 toyota tacoma 3.4L
    3'' OME lift, Deck plate mod, spidertrax wheel spacers, 12'' alpine type S sub.
    any thoughts? lol anyone?

Products Discussed in

To Top