Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Elusive Elements grill instructions

Old 01-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Elusive Elements grill instructions

Hey guys im starting a Install guide for the grilles. If anyone that has a grille from me wants to post or chime in on the how to guide please do!!!

SATOSHI INSERT

BE VERY CARFULL NOT TO SCRATCH YOUR GRILL WITH THE BOTTOM TABS THAT HOLD THE LOWER GRILL UP WHEN PLACING THE MESH ON THE BACK

1. Trim the top two tabs

2. Start at the bottom first!! the two tabs will help align the center push down and mark your holes, use a 3/16 drill bit.

3. Bolt down the tabs

4. Push the top two tabs down, both sides should have the same amount of overhang and screw them in

THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE

5. Both sides should flare up like this, you can now check the contour of the sides and bottom (bend if you need to because everyones body work might be a little different)

6. Push down, mark, drill 3/16 hole, and bolt down
Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, great write up.

thanks for the help
Old 04-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any sort of write up out there that shows the new mounting tabs on the grill? The tabs that came on my BDF grill look nothing like the tabs in the write up.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vierzwanzig View Post
Is there any sort of write up out there that shows the new mounting tabs on the grill? The tabs that came on my BDF grill look nothing like the tabs in the write up.
This is the best i have at the moment im working on a write up for the front mount insert

just cut the center out mark your holes and around the tabs and cut as much as you want out the more you trim out the better it looks from the front, the last one i did i left about 1/4 inch and then the tabs

this one is mounted to my satoshi mock up grill so the sides are filled in

You can see how much i cut out of this one

Old 04-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Scorched Earth
mfrantz24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mfrantz24's Tacoma Gallery
Tim, question for you about the lower grille install. I have a 2011, which apparently does not have a removable lower stock grille, do you have any suggestions about getting this installed the best way. I would like to not remove the entire lower bumper, if possible. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #6

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
None of them are removable I did a lower install last week
I just put it in place marked the four holes with a pick and drilled at a angle from the front of the grill, I was able to get the Allen wrench in thru the hex hole from the front and use a ratcheting wrench from the back. If you remove the upper grill it will be much easier
Old 10-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
FY01CPO is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist's Mate
Name: Jeremy
FY01CPO's Tacoma Gallery
Will these fit well if installed to the outer grill surround? If I cut out or completely remove the center of my inner grill, can I install this so they have like a 1/2" depth like the one you have on the red truck below. Maybe your previous post talked about this but I want to make sure.

THANKS!!