Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Problems with AM on JBL Toyota Car Stereo

Old 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
kj6eo is on a distinguished road
kj6eo's Tacoma Gallery
Problems with AM on JBL Toyota Car Stereo

Hello and thanks for reading my post! Right after New Years I purchased a new 2011 Tacoma, Double Cab, Long Bed, 4X4. It's fully loaded and came with the JBL Toyota Car Stereo. On AM I'm running into some trouble. When the received signal strength falls below approximately 100uV, the radio turns the treble setting all the way down. It's also possible that the radio is limiting the bandwidth on signals below 100uV. This makes listening to distant signals on AM absolutely horrible. When the signal fades below the threshold, all that can be heard is a low end garbled mess. Most likely Toyota is doing this as some means of providing "intelligent active noise limiting". I need to find some way of disabling this feature. This is the first Toyota car stereo that I've had with this sort of problem.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated!

Regards,

Bill - KJ6EO
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
didnt realize anyone ever listened to am anymore. just have the regular radio in mine but im curious to see the answers good luck to ya
Old 02-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
Activate the Satellite Radio. I don't think I have ever turned my radio to AM other than on accident from your post you probly know more than anyone about this exact subject.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Try listening to AM stations in range.