Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Cruise Control Issues - 05 Tacoma

Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Cruise Control Issues - 05 Tacoma

Ok guys, I've got a 2005 V6 6 Speed, and last night I was heading down to Atlanta, cruising at about 70 mph. I had to get on the brakes so of course cruise disengaged. When I tried to re-engage it, nothing happened. I turned cruise on and back off, tried it again, still nothing. After a few minutes I tried it again and it worked. Same thing happened on my way home last night. Then this morning I tried it on my way to work and it woudln't engage at all. Anyone had this happen to them or know what could be causin it?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Never had it not engage, sometimes it is slow to engage.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mine has never been slow to engage, and has never just not worked. (bump)
Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Geez, I never even used mine since I purchased it. I will have to try it later and see if I have any issues. I wonder if your switch on the brake dis-engage is faulty.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Geez, I never even used mine since I purchased it. I will have to try it later and see if I have any issues. I wonder if your switch on the brake dis-engage is faulty.
This is the first thing that came to my mind....If that switch is dirty or sticky- It'll keep the CC off.
Get some eletronics cleaner and take a look under the pedal?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
This is the first thing that came to my mind....If that switch is dirty or sticky- It'll keep the CC off.
Get some eletronics cleaner and take a look under the pedal?
That was my thought last night, too. I got home at like 1 this morning, and now I'm at work, so I'll have to check it out tonight. Thanks fellas. I'm really hopin that's all it is.