Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Fuel consumption

Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
allan is on a distinguished road
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel consumption

I purchased a 2007 Tacoma access cab V6 with power pakage and was told it would get 26 to 28 miles per gallon, well I'm not getting it.
They tell me to wait untill 8,000 or so kilometer break in period, I have 4000k now, so I think maybe there is a problem or they lie.???
Old 05-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
from what i can remember from my sticker, the mileage was 19/22 or something along those lines
Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
I purchased a 2007 Tacoma access cab V6 with power pakage and was told it would get 26 to 28 miles per gallon, well I'm not getting it.
They tell me to wait untill 8,000 or so kilometer break in period, I have 4000k now, so I think maybe there is a problem or they lie.???
Who told you THAT! Didn't it have the window sticker with MPG rating on it?
My 4 banger 5 lug only gets around 22 mpg.
If the salesman told you that and you believed them..........
Old 05-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
My window sticker was 16-22 with a manual tranie, the auto is 17-22. Sorry but you got lied to. You should average 17-19MPG.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I purchased a 2007 Tacoma access cab V6 with power pakage
What power package? Are you Canada?

Quote:
and was told it would get 26 to 28 miles per gallon, well I'm not getting it.
Kilometers per gallon?

Quote:
4000k? Do you mean km?

The Tacoma averages between 17 and 21 MPG. I average about 18.5-19MPG in a 05 Doublecab TRD Offroad and 6spd.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Which is it , miles or kilometers? Gallons, imperial gallons or liters.
Got to use apples to apples, oranges to oranges.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Who told you THAT! Didn't it have the window sticker with MPG rating on it?
My 4 banger 5 lug only gets around 22 mpg.
If the salesman told you that and you believed them..........
What window sticker, No such thing on this truck, maybe this is not a requirement in Canada.
there sales specs said it was to be 28 MPG
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #8
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read the question
Old 05-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
What power package? Are you Canada?

Kilometers per gallon?

Did I say km per gallon?

The Tacoma averages between 17 and 21 MPG. I average about 18.5-19MPG in a 05 Doublecab TRD Offroad and 6spd.
I'm in Canada 4000k is slang for 4000km Hello
Old 05-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read the question
Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Read the question
No Tacoma gets 26-28 MPG, much less the V6.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #12
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well allan, if you do the conversion from 17-21 "miles per gallon" you get around 26-33km per gallon.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #13
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read the question
I did. You refer to MPG but also refer to break in period in kilometers.
Does your odometer read miles or kilometers? So read MY question.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #14
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did. You refer to MPG but also refer to break in period in kilometers.
Does your odometer read miles or kilometers? So read MY question.
Whats the difference,
I like to use MPG when estimating my mileage, so I convert from km to miles and liters to gallons and come up MPG.(Can you do that??)
Simple as that.
My odometer reads in km.
Its just that the service manager and sales manager told me to wait for a 8,000 km break in period before I start complaining, well I don't believe them and as far as I can see I'm right as most people I talk to and converse with do not get 26-28 miles per gallon as toyota specified ,so if you go back and read the original question you may be a little better at comprehension
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats the difference,
I like to use MPG when estimating my mileage, so I convert from km to miles and liters to gallons and come up MPG.(Can you do that??)
Simple as that.
My odometer reads in km.
Its just that the service manager and sales manager told me to wait for a 8,000 km break in period before I start complaining, well I don't believe them and as far as I can see I'm right as most people I talk to and converse with do not get 26-28 miles per gallon as toyota specified ,so if you go back and read the original question you may be a little better at comprehension
I comprehend just FINE. I as well as most people here thought you MIGHT be a LITTLE confused.
Whoopee! You can use the metric system. If your country uses Kilometers, why would the dealer tell you MPG and not KPL??
Do the cars in your dealerships have equipment and price stickers on the window? Do you look at the brochure that list options as well as specs or just go in and buy a car blindfolded and trust every word the salesman has to say? A little education goes a long ways.
Show me anywhere that TOYOTA rates any Tacoma at 26-28mpg.
They are full of bull and you believed them. Your mistake.
So in answer to your first post if you haven't figured it out by now.
THEY LIED.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I comprehend just FINE. I as well as most people here thought you MIGHT be a LITTLE confused.
Whoopee! You can use the metric system. If your country uses Kilometers, why would the dealer tell you MPG and not KPL??
Do the cars in your dealerships have equipment and price stickers on the window? Do you look at the brochure that list options as well as specs or just go in and buy a car blindfolded and trust every word the salesman has to say? A little education goes a long ways.
Show me anywhere that TOYOTA rates any Tacoma at 26-28mpg.
They are full of bull and you believed them. Your mistake.
So in answer to your first post if you haven't figured it out by now.
THEY LIED.
Sorry you lose, look on page 13 of the Totota Tacoma 07 brochure
Its there in black and white.(at the bottom of the page)
I'm from Canada, here we use both MPG and KPL for terminology.
The sticker said 26MPG, He said 26 to 28 easy, They lied.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:13 AM   #17
spp's Tacoma Gallery
You have a very different brochure than I do.
Mine shows v-6 pre-runner at 17/21 for manual and 19/22 for auto.
Closest thing to your numbers are for the 4cyl manual at 23/28.
I haven't lost anything. You are the one who isn't getting what you wanted.
What kind of numbers are you getting with your truck? If you do a search on the subject here at TW and at Custom Tacos.com you will see that no one gets 26/28 mpg from a V-6.
As one of my friends in Maine always tells me,
"YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL A CANADIAN, BUT YOU CAN'T TELL HIM MUCH!"
Old 05-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #18
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Just did some online searching, you should try it some time, and figured out what our difference in MPG is from.
In Candada you use IMPERIAL gallons which are ~1.2 of our gallons.
Went to Toyota Canada website and looked at specs.
Your tank is 17.6 while ours are 21. Same tank just different units of measurement.
I asked you for specifics many messages ago if you read it and replyed in a less smarta s s response than read my message and had answered my questions it could have saved a lot of banter between us.
Now, a friend of mine has your same truck and the best he has gotten was 21mpg american driving 65-70mph on a long trip. That would translate to roughly 25-26 mpg Imperial? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Good luck seeing 28 though.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
allan's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Just did some online searching, you should try it some time, and figured out what our difference in MPG is from.
In Candada you use IMPERIAL gallons which are ~1.2 of our gallons.
Went to Toyota Canada website and looked at specs.
Your tank is 17.6 while ours are 21. Same tank just different units of measurement.
I asked you for specifics many messages ago if you read it and replyed in a less smarta s s response than read my message and had answered my questions it could have saved a lot of banter between us.
Now, a friend of mine has your same truck and the best he has gotten was 21mpg american driving 65-70mph on a long trip. That would translate to roughly 25-26 mpg Imperial? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Good luck seeing 28 though.
Well lets hope I see that 25-26 MPG in the next few tanks- for sure the salesman spun it alittle when he said 26 -28 MPG . Thanks for the input, our gas prices in Edmonton Alberta Canada are now at 1.06 a litre. ( we use litres here at the pumps.)
Old 05-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #20
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
LOL... you don't happen to service exhaust manifolds or drive shafts for Toyota do you? This conversation sounds very familiar!