Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

serpentine belt replacement

Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
serpentine belt replacement

while my truck was at the dealership today they told me that my serpentine belt needs to be replaced. the truck is a 2.7L 2001 w/ 123K miles and i have never changed the belt but it has never squeaked or squeeled or given me any problems so i never bothered with it. should it be changed to be on the safe side or should i check for cracks and if looks fine then let it be? also, if i need to change it, anyone out there have a diagram and a "how to"?
*ok found the diagram and how to in another post but im still not sure if it should be changed to be on the safe side or should i check for cracks and if looks fine then let it be?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
Well I think I'll change it and keep the old one as a spare. Thanks
*oh is there any brand or kind that anyone suggests? I hear gatorbelt a lot on the forum...will I notice any different in performance with a new belt, if the old one is not giving me any problems?