Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

foam in my oil filler neck and cap

Old 02-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
deftoned_one is on a distinguished road
Name: rich
deftoned_one's Tacoma Gallery
foam in my oil filler neck and cap

hey guys i have a 2007 tacoma dc, prerunner. i went to change my oil last weekend, i used mobile 1. anyways i screwed my cap off to add my oil and had like a off white/yellowy foamy almost like lotion texture in my oil fill tube and cap. my oil looked fine and was at the correct level on the dipstick. any one have any ideas
thanks guys
Old 02-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Moisture + Cold weather + Engine not up to temp = the frothy yellow gunk.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Moisture + Cold weather + Engine not up to temp = the frothy yellow gunk.

X2
Nothing to worry too much about.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
THANKS GUYS, I DIDNT THINK IT WAS NOTHING MAJOR JUST MAKIN SURE
Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
This one is rising fast in the rank of thread frequency.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Change your oil more freqently, or take longer drives when its cold.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
I RUN 40 MILES ROUND TRIP TO WORK MON-FRI. I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 5K USING MOBILE 1 FIGURED THATS SUFFICENT
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Signs of short tripping.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
no need to yell about it
^^^hahaha ...It's common with the plastic filler neck too.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a used Taco 4x4 DCLB that had 116,000+ on it. My first oil chnge on it was at 120,000 put Mobil 1 in thinking I was going the extra mile. I have checked the oil level a few times and the level seems to hold solid as a rock and the oil looks fine. The other day I was looking around under the hood and unscrewed the oil filler cap to look inside. Holy crap I about had a friggin heart attack when I saw this cream colored peanut butter had filled the underside of the cap and was coating the inside of the filler neck to a couple of inches down from the top. Thought for sure my head gasket must be gone. Dug out the goop and checked my dipstick, it was fine. checked my radiator level, it was fine. Warmed it up and watched the exhaust for excessive steam, it was fine. Truck runs fine. Jumped on Taco World and saw this thread and others like and figured I didn't need to jump off the roof. But I will keep an eye on it. The goop that was in the filler neck wasn't just foam it looked like baby crap.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Viking View Post
Bought a used Taco 4x4 DCLB that had 116,000+ on it. My first oil chnge on it was at 120,000 put Mobil 1 in thinking I was going the extra mile. I have checked the oil level a few times and the level seems to hold solid as a rock and the oil looks fine. The other day I was looking around under the hood and unscrewed the oil filler cap to look inside. Holy crap I about had a friggin heart attack when I saw this cream colored peanut butter had filled the underside of the cap and was coating the inside of the filler neck to a couple of inches down from the top. Thought for sure my head gasket must be gone. Dug out the goop and checked my dipstick, it was fine. checked my radiator level, it was fine. Warmed it up and watched the exhaust for excessive steam, it was fine. Truck runs fine. Jumped on Taco World and saw this thread and others like and figured I didn't need to jump off the roof. But I will keep an eye on it. The goop that was in the filler neck wasn't just foam it looked like baby crap.
Yeah, it looks pretty daming.

Usually, a good long 30 to 40 min drive once a week will eliminate it, and/or change the oil more often.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
Member of the Goat Army
billybobsgoat will become famous soon enough

billybobsgoat's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has the same thing, 9K on a 2008 I really don't get a chance to drive it long distance. I'll need to get it out on the open road.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
nobody said it yet, but CONDENSATION