Notices

Tail lights, brights not working

Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
chonko is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Joe
chonko's Tacoma Gallery
Tail lights, brights not working

I recently installed an after-market CD player into my 07 Taco and since then my climate control backlights, tail lights and high-beams are not working. Brake lights and low-beams operate fine. I checked fuses briefly last night when I realized all these lights suddenly stopped working and didn't see anything that was blown. I will check again this evening. Any ideas of what this could be outside of a blown fuse?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Some aftermarket radios have a wire marked "Dimmer" or something similar. I've seen instances where people have wired that into their back lighting circuit for the factory radio and it has caused similar issues. Might check that.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Check your TAIL fuse. Your dash illumination is powered off the taillight circuit.

My guess is that the new head unit's illumination / dimmer wiring connection is the root cause.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Probably the dimmer wire.

I never connect the dimmer wire when I install headunits.