1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 V6 Prerunner: Fine metal particles in oil @25k

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by miketyler, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    miketyler

miketyler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Love my truck. Just changed the oil and happened to place the container in direct sunlight and noticed very fine metal particles that really cant be seen under normal lighting. I can feel them either when i rub it between my fingers.

I am only the 2nd owner of this 2007 V6 2WD truck and its had regular oil changes and is adult driven. at 25k miles, should this thing still be making metal?

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There are parts that wear consistently in an engine so you might get flecks for the life of the oil.
    The question is what kind of metal is it.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ does oil analysis (about 22 bucks IIRC)...Totally worth it for peace of mind....

Products Discussed in

To Top