LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

help With 4Runner please

Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
help With 4Runner please

Where is the fuel filter on a 98 4Runner? I have a buddy who cant get her Runner started. The engine turns over just fine but something is going wrong. Its either not getting fuel or not getting spark. I'm just trying to possibly eliminate some things before she grabs her ankles at the dealer/shop.

I'm going to be going through some options in the garage with a 6 pack tonight. Hope I can find the issue.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Will she still grab her ankles and let you give it to her once you fix it? If not..you should have this discussion in more depth. Check underneath on the passenger side along the frame rail just past the firewall.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Rainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0331/1391
Rainman998's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Will she still grab her ankles and let you give it to her once you fix it? If not..you should have this discussion in more depth. Check underneath on the passenger side along the frame rail just past the firewall.
Had to give a Rep for that
Old 02-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
if its like tacomas, the 3.4 filter is on the frame rail (http://www.4runners.org/writeups/fuelfilter/index.html) and the 2.7 is under the intake manifold
Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
no go on that. Maybe a tag team event with my old lady???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
if its like tacomas, the 3.4 filter is on the frame rail (http://www.4runners.org/writeups/fuelfilter/index.html) and the 2.7 is under the intake manifold
Thanks Tim. Thats exactly the link I found after some googeling. Wonder how I can test the Fuel filter after I get it off?? I'm sure its dirty as hell! Lots of mileage on the Runner.

I'm going to test spark first, if all cylinders are a go it would lead me to believe it is definitely a fuel delivery issue.