Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

jba headers question

Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
shannon41539 is on a distinguished road
Name: shannon
shannon41539's Tacoma Gallery
jba headers question

I had JBA headers installed on my 2008 tacoma 4x4 double cab 4.0L V6 and they cut off the first set of catylac converters and left the second set on. I was told this light should not come on when I ask this question before and my check engine soon light comes on. You can reset it and sometimes it will stay off for two or three days and sometimes it will come back on in a matter of minutes. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this problem.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon41539 View Post
I had JBA headers installed on my 2008 tacoma 4x4 double cab 4.0L V6 and they cut off the first set of catylac converters and left the second set on. I was told this light should not come on when I ask this question before and my check engine soon light comes on. You can reset it and sometimes it will stay off for two or three days and sometimes it will come back on in a matter of minutes. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this problem.

They shouldnt of cut any of the cats off. The JBA headers are to be welded to the cats that were attached to your exhaust manifolds with a flange. Your suppose to cut the flange off of the cats and insert the collector of the headers into the cat and then weld them together.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon41539 View Post
As you can see the header welded to the cat

It's also in the JBA instructions, which you can download from the JBA website. I would have them fix what they did. Did they give you your old cats back? If not they totally screwed you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner24 View Post
Im running a single in dual out cherry bomb extreme muffler and all of my cats are hollowed out. I want to add JBA headers to my setup but want to know how much horsepower increase they're going to give. I plan to have my truck dyno ran before i get headers though.
Not sure on the HP, but your set up seems like it's already loud. You will have some gains in HP.

The outside pipe on the stock manifold is 2 1/4" and the inner is 1 7/8", so you'll have less flow restriction if you get a good fabricator to do the work. The pipe going into the cat is 1 7/8" and the JBA headers are 2 1/4". Big difference in fitment.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
...other fix would be to get an o2 simulator...
Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
They shouldnt of cut any of the cats off. The JBA headers are to be welded to the cats that were attached to your exhaust manifolds with a flange. Your suppose to cut the flange off of the cats and insert the collector of the headers into the cat and then weld them together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
As you can see the header welded to the cat

It's also in the JBA instructions, which you can download from the JBA website. I would have them fix what they did. Did they give you your old cats back? If not they totally screwed you over.

he would have lost the first set of cats if he got the JBA Long Tube Headers which im guessing he got.

and if that is the case, he needs the o2 sim from URD to get the check engine light to go away

JBA Long Tube Headers

O2 Sims