1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

jba headers question

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by shannon41539, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Feb 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    shannon41539

shannon41539 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    shannon
    kimper,ky
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab tacoma
    i put on moto metal 950 chrome wheels,afe cold air intake,flowmaster muffler with dual exhaust,JBA headers,trifold extang bed tarp,stainless steel stepside bars,3" lift in front,3" lift in the rear,chrome door handle covers,chrome grille insert cover, tinted windows with blacked out visor, and taillight covers
    I had JBA headers installed on my 2008 tacoma 4x4 double cab 4.0L V6 and they cut off the first set of catylac converters and left the second set on. I was told this light should not come on when I ask this question before and my check engine soon light comes on. You can reset it and sometimes it will stay off for two or three days and sometimes it will come back on in a matter of minutes. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this problem.

2. Feb 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.

They shouldnt of cut any of the cats off. The JBA headers are to be welded to the cats that were attached to your exhaust manifolds with a flange. Your suppose to cut the flange off of the cats and insert the collector of the headers into the cat and then weld them together.

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    prerunner24

prerunner24 AR-15 Shooter

Member:
    First Name:
    DYLAN
    North East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2wd 06 Prerunner 6" lift
    Silver, 6" Pro Comp lift, re geared rear end, 20x9 Fuel Offroad Boost wheels & 305/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires, black halo projector headlights, black billet grille, Debadge tailgate and black door badges, Nightshades blacked out taillights & 3rd brake light, Pioneer double din monitor, K&N cold air intake, Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler with no cats & chrome 5" diesel tips dumped behind rear axel, Unichip programmer. Long Travel plans for the future, going back to 35" tires this summer, probably mud grapplers. Putting out 218 rwhp, and 245 ft/lb of torque.
    Im running a single in dual out cherry bomb extreme muffler and all of my cats are hollowed out. I want to add JBA headers to my setup but want to know how much horsepower increase they're going to give. I plan to have my truck dyno ran before i get headers though.

4. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    As you can see the header welded to the cat
    [​IMG]
    It's also in the JBA instructions, which you can download from the JBA website. I would have them fix what they did. Did they give you your old cats back? If not they totally screwed you over.

Not sure on the HP, but your set up seems like it's already loud. You will have some gains in HP.
    [​IMG]

The outside pipe on the stock manifold is 2 1/4" and the inner is 1 7/8", so you'll have less flow restriction if you get a good fabricator to do the work. The pipe going into the cat is 1 7/8" and the JBA headers are 2 1/4". Big difference in fitment.

5. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    ...other fix would be to get an o2 simulator...

6. Feb 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    prerunner24

prerunner24 AR-15 Shooter

Member:
    First Name:
    DYLAN
    North East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2wd 06 Prerunner 6" lift
    Silver, 6" Pro Comp lift, re geared rear end, 20x9 Fuel Offroad Boost wheels & 305/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires, black halo projector headlights, black billet grille, Debadge tailgate and black door badges, Nightshades blacked out taillights & 3rd brake light, Pioneer double din monitor, K&N cold air intake, Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler with no cats & chrome 5" diesel tips dumped behind rear axel, Unichip programmer. Long Travel plans for the future, going back to 35" tires this summer, probably mud grapplers. Putting out 218 rwhp, and 245 ft/lb of torque.
    Yea its pretty much as loud as its gonna get with a muffler, but the cherry bomb extreme shouldn't even be considered a muffler because theres no packing or anything, just a metal box lol. But i love the sound because its loud but a deep tone at the same time.

7. Feb 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff

he would have lost the first set of cats if he got the JBA Long Tube Headers which im guessing he got.

and if that is the case, he needs the o2 sim from URD to get the check engine light to go away

JBA Long Tube Headers

O2 Sims

Products Discussed in

To Top