Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Drl

Old 05-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
Banned
Audible is on a distinguished road
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Question Drl

What do I have to do to have the daytime running lights? I want the front blinkers to be on, not the headlamps..just like factory.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Banned
Audible is on a distinguished road
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Question

ANYONE???
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I just turn the nob to the first setting and presto!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
I just turn the nob to the first setting and presto!!!
That is for the first gen tacos. The second gen tacos require a different relay and wiring on the ECU for the "inside" turn signals to come on. I have done this on my tacoma, and I keep telling everyone that I will do a writeup on it, but I haven't had the time.

I have pictures and I can give you directions, but I just need to take the time to put it down. I will get it out ASAP. It won't be today because my boss's boss's boss is breathing down my neck, but I want to get this off my sholder. Hopefully I can wrap it up tonight.

Cheers.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
My 2007, which i think is second gen., you just turn the knob. Just picked it up this past Friday. I always drive with running lights on during the day. Maybe I have misunderstood Audible?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
My 2007, which i think is second gen., you just turn the knob. Just picked it up this past Friday. I always drive with running lights on during the day. Maybe I have misunderstood Audible?
I have a 2007, and when you turn on the "lights" you have two options: Parking Lights (outer small lights) and Headlights (very bright, can't miss )...

The DRLs on a 05+ are those large ORANGE lights on either side of the grill inside of the headlights. Those only come on when turn signal is on, hazards are on, remote unlock/lock occurs, and when you have the DRL module (or other modification).

It should look like this when the DRL module is installed and the vehicle is running...

I apologize for the crappy picture. I haven't had time to take a new one lately...

However, I have finally uploaded all my pictures, and I am going to start working on getting my DIY article up today. I just hope that I have time...
Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!

Okay! I finally did it! Here you go!!!