1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP Serpentine belt!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Jm1hawk, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Feb 26, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    Jm1hawk

Jm1hawk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Irvine
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black
    OME885s MT 17 inch powdercoated rims BHLM 20% tint Alpine headunit Hifonics 1600 W mono amp 2 10" alpine type R subwoofers
    So me and my buddy went offroading today and were crawling a rocky stream. We ended up getting stuck on a rock in the flowing river for 45 mins until we finally got out. the water was flowing right below my door seals sooo preatty deep. After we got out on the way home i noticed some squeaky loud noise coming from the engine. We get home and see its coming from serpentine belt. We took off the belt and cleaned it out there was alot of gravel and tiny rock bits lodged in it. We got as many as we could out and put it back on. It still made the noise. We checked all the pulleys and none of those seemed to be a problem. We sprayed a bunch of the serpentine spray on the belt and would only help it for a minute or so. Does anyone know what this could be? Do you guys think i need a new belt or what? Thanks for the help

2. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    maybe it's not the belt. Maybe its a pulley? With the rocks and stuff in there, maybe it ate something up enough to make it complain. But yea, i bet if I heard it I'd figure it out in 2 seconds.

Do yourself a favor, get some fuel hose or the like and listen around to see where the noise is coming from .

Products Discussed in

To Top