Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

installing fog lights

Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
jack18 is on a distinguished road
Name: jack
jack18's Tacoma Gallery
installing fog lights

2011 tacoma access cab want to hook up oem fog lights did not come with truck. After searching i have the wires down inside the bumpers that are capped off,and pulled out the blank where the switch would go on the dash and that has wires on it for switch. and i guess i need a to buy a relay to plug in the fuse box.toyota does not sell a fog light kit so i have to buy everything seperate.is there anything else
Old 03-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
2011 tacoma fog lights

Hey Jack,

I know you're asking a question, don't have the anser but the fact that your wiring is there is great!

Have a question for you, What model did you order, base, SR5, access cab, 4 cyl or 6cyl?

The fact that the wiring is in place is terriffic, although from what I read only the 6 cylinders have the wiring harness (and wiring) installed...

I ordered a 2011 tacoma SR5 Prerunner (4cyl), was informed it does not have the lights. So will be doing whatever it takes to fill the plastic cups with OEM lights.

Thank you
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
jack18 is on a distinguished road
Name: jack
jack18's Tacoma Gallery
It was the base access cab V6. Already have hooked up the fog lights and used oem equipment. the whole job took about 45 mins.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy the lights and switch/relay?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Need best supplier for OEM fog light switch, harness and relay

I finally have a set of oem foglights. Although will be installing in a 2011 2.7 prerunner (no plug and play here), so wont have harness, relay or OEM switch.

I was wondering if somebody could tell me the best and most ecomical source for a Genuine Toyota switch?

Also need to find supplier that sells relay and harness that is long enough to reach the fog lights.

If anybody has prices that would also help.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
I finally have a set of oem foglights. Although will be installing in a 2011 2.7 prerunner (no plug and play here), so wont have harness, relay or OEM switch.

I was wondering if somebody could tell me the best and most ecomical source for a Genuine Toyota switch?

Also need to find supplier that sells relay and harness that is long enough to reach the fog lights.

Thanks

Most get them off Ebay.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
ebay has no switches

There are no oem toyota switches on ebay at this time.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
Bently is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Bently's Tacoma Gallery
fog light

My after market fog lights in my 2011 tacoma were working friday but they not working now. I checked the fuse , bulbs, switch, What am i missing?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bently View Post
My after market fog lights in my 2011 tacoma were working friday but they not working now. I checked the fuse , bulbs, switch, What am i missing?
Are they newly wired or do they use the factory wiring? If it's factory wiring, there's a relay under the hood that could have gone bad as well. My guess would be your fuse is out, try changing the fuse with one that you know is working just to be sure. Next, I would start chasing your problem with a test light to see where you have power and where you don't. Start with the light sockets themselves, then the switch, then make sure you have power at the fuse and through the fuse, then check the relay.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post

Thanks
Bought my whole kit off amazon for 90 bucks here's the switch only problem is it lights up green.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Bought my whole kit off amazon for 90 bucks here's the switch only problem is it lights up green.

Your switch is upside down

Also, if that is an OEM style switch, you can swap out the bulb very easily so it matches the other switches. It only takes a small flat-head screw driver to do so.

In this picture, the brown round thing you see on the side of the switch is the small incadescent light. It twists out with a small screw driver and you can replace it with whatever color you wish.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #12
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Hmmm, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit oh we'll I can't see it anyway. Just flip your monitor upside down that's what it looks like. And I could care less what color it is just letting the guy know it wasn't the factory orange.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Hmmm, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit oh we'll I can't see it anyway. Just flip your monitor upside down that's what it looks like.
I flipped my monitors upside down and your fog light switch was right-side up! But... your your clutch start-cancel, RSCA, VSC and mirror adjustment buttons are not upside down. Also, did you know that you have floor mats on your roof?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #14

I'll have to do a write up on my cab conversion later
Old 10-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
Bently's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bently View Post

it was a bad relay...
Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #16
FOX HOUND
Aeon is on a distinguished road

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
hi everyone

where i can buy the complete kit ?

let me know :
thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #17