Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Bad buying experiences

Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Bad buying experiences

I want to hear about members' bad buying experiences. I'm not taliking about private party, one on one stuff, but bad experiences with particular companies and stores. It would help members to know what companies to steer clear of.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts.com They took forever to let me know what was going on with my rims and tires. When you order you specify where you want the white letters. I called them and asked if they had the rims I needed with the correct hub center and they said yes, I gave them the specs on my truck. I paid and received the order late, and very wrong. Correct style rims wrong lugs and bore. I contacted them and was told I could order another set and pay full price, my original order was a special. When I get the originals in I could then send the first set back, it would take a minimum of 4 weeks. I decided to shop elsewhere they charged me $130 to send the rims and tires back oh and the tires were installed incorrectly I wanted letters in they sent out. When I called to let them know I wanted my money back and wasn't going to pay to ship them back I got the runaround. I am still dealing with this today. This has been ongoing since April.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
A member had a pretty bad experience from truckaddons here.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
coast2coastperf.com is really bad at customer service. i ordered eyelids from them and waited months. my order went through cuz it showed on my statements. i emailed them numerous of times and no reply whatsoever. so i ended up making a claim with pay pal and still no answer from coast2coast performance. i escalated the claim and pay pal looked the case through and i got my money back after so many months of waiting
Old 09-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the local Home Depot....
Old 09-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I ordered and was charged for brushguard brackets from Manik on June 13 of this year. It was clearly stated that the order may take up to 3 months. The brackets are made to order and not kept in stock. They took my money 13 weeks ago and I've heard nothing back from them. Over the past week, I've left 3 phone messages and at least 2 e-mails with no response. I'm getting really frustrated.

This is why I started this suggestion thread. I didn't expect these issues with a large well known company.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
A member had a pretty bad experience from truckaddons here.
I remember reading about it. I thought a "beware of" sticky might be in order.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
coast2coastperf.com is really bad at customer service. i ordered eyelids from them and waited months. my order went through cuz it showed on my statements. i emailed them numerous of times and no reply whatsoever. so i ended up making a claim with pay pal and still no answer from coast2coast performance. i escalated the claim and pay pal looked the case through and i got my money back after so many months of waiting
yeah I don't know what happened there. The website no longer works & had heard similiar complaints. I bought a set of hood struts last year & was told the instructions were on the website. By the time I got to install them the website didn't work. Oh well, I used the redline instructions coupled with a good write up on customtacos.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
yeah I don't know what happened there. The website no longer works & had heard similiar complaints. I bought a set of hood struts last year & was told the instructions were on the website. By the time I got to install them the website didn't work. Oh well, I used the redline instructions coupled with a good write up on customtacos.

damn i just checked the site out and it is down... i also read on other forums that some people had issues with them
Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Great idea Toy4life.
Thanks! This has become all consuming at this point. I've been staring at and moving that brushguard around for months. My patience has expired.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #12

The customer service rep from Manik finally contacted me. According to their engineer, my brackets will be shipping in a week and a half. Although I'm thankful for today's response, they still lose points. Good communication is a must.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a Home Depot near my house to buy some Super Awsome Grass seed they had in their weekend ad. I walked ALL thru the garden center looking for it. I asked a sales guy about it, and he said " oh, yeah....We are out of that." So, Giveing up on my Grass seed quest, I decided to do some other shopping. As I was strolling along thru their Paint dept., Low and Behold! There was the Super Awsome Gress seed they had advertised. 4 PALLETS OF THE STUFF! IN THE FRICKEN PAINT DEPARTMENT!
Then, 2 months later, I was in there once again. I was looking for some Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer. Not finding it, I found a Home Depot Dude. I asked him where the Sta-Bil might be. "....We dont carry that here...", was his reply. As he bent down to grab one of the things he was putting away, I noticed a whole row of the Sta-Bil that they "Dont carry". I wanted to kik his ass right then! I said, excuse me, as I reched over him. He looked up as I was grabbing the Sta-Bil. "Wow, I didnt know we carried that".

THEN, with a buddy, we went to the Home Depot, and as we walked in this pretty girl said "Welcome to Home Depot, can I help you find something?"...I told my friend "Dont say anything, dude......just keep walking" He asked her whee he could find the screen doors. She replied pointing her hand ".....over there 3 isles down". So, My buddy starts to follow her directions, and I said, "WTF?". He said that she was confident about their location, so thats where they are. SO, we followed her dirctions right to the CONCRETE! The Screen doors were on the OTHER side of the store.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #14
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
WalMart here REALLY SUX! Only 2 cashiers working, Never restock.....it's the pits! I waited 40 mins to checkout the other day.

WALMART CAN KISS MY ASS!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I went to a Home Depot near my house to buy some Super Awsome Grass seed they had in their weekend ad. I walked ALL thru the garden center looking for it. I asked a sales guy about it, and he said " oh, yeah....We are out of that." So, Giveing up on my Grass seed quest, I decided to do some other shopping. As I was strolling along thru their Paint dept., Low and Behold! There was the Super Awsome Gress seed they had advertised. 4 PALLETS OF THE STUFF! IN THE FRICKEN PAINT DEPARTMENT!
Then, 2 months later, I was in there once again. I was looking for some Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer. Not finding it, I found a Home Depot Dude. I asked him where the Sta-Bil might be. "....We dont carry that here...", was his reply. As he bent down to grab one of the things he was putting away, I noticed a whole row of the Sta-Bil that they "Dont carry". I wanted to kik his ass right then! I said, excuse me, as I reched over him. He looked up as I was grabbing the Sta-Bil. "Wow, I didnt know we carried that".

THEN, with a buddy, we went to the Home Depot, and as we walked in this pretty girl said "Welcome to Home Depot, can I help you find something?"...I told my friend "Dont say anything, dude......just keep walking" He asked her whee he could find the screen doors. She replied pointing her hand ".....over there 3 isles down". So, My buddy starts to follow her directions, and I said, "WTF?". He said that she was confident about their location, so thats where they are. SO, we followed her dirctions right to the CONCRETE! The Screen doors were on the OTHER side of the store.
Yea, home depot is shit....

first of all, you can never find what you are looking for, if you need a copper 1/2" cople, they only have 3/4", second employees never ask you what do you need, if they do, and you tell em, they dont know what you are talking about, when you finally go paying after spending 1.5hrs finding 3-5 items, they only have 2 out of 10 registers opened and theres a lot of line of clients, when you pay, something always goes wrong with the register, uncoded product, wrong id, etc etc, when i finally pay, theres a guard on the door that asks you for your ticket to check all the items, like if you needed they to take more of your time.... i hate you home depot....

btw thanks for reading.... that was long....lol
Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Yea, home depot is shit....

first of all, you can never find what you are looking for, if you need a copper 1/2" cople, they only have 3/4", second employees never ask you what do you need, if they do, and you tell em, they dont know what you are talking about, when you finally go paying after spending 1.5hrs finding 3-5 items, they only have 2 out of 10 registers opened and theres a lot of line of clients, when you pay, something always goes wrong with the register, uncoded product, wrong id, etc etc, when i finally pay, theres a guard on the door that asks you for your ticket to check all the items, like if you needed they to take more of your time.... i hate you home depot....

btw thanks for reading.... that was long....lol
We dont have security gaurds at ours. But, We DO have automated checkouts. My buddy beat the shit out of one when it kept telling him "unknown item in bagging area..." The Home Depot dudes/dudettes wouldnt go near him.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had 'bad' experiences that I can remember. But on a couple different occurances, I was jipped (no product delivered) and had to consult help to get my money back.

I do my fair share of searching online for the best prices. I'm not necessarily afraid of ordering from sites that I'm not familiar with...but every once in a while ...that can bite you in the ass.

Special note: If you're cruising online for best prices and you run across a site you don't know ...do a search on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) site to see if the company has any 'complaints' filed. This might save you some headaches later on. They (BBB) can help get your money back if you ever get jipped.

Several years back the BBB helped me get my money back. I just filed a complaint with the BBB for a site that I ordered clothes from. After 3 weeks, the company claimed they're going out of business and failed to refund my money. I first made a claim with paypal whom were unable to resolve my issue. I then made a claim with BBB. Hoping they can remedy the situation.

http://us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.a...2-a44a2248ec44

or simply: www.bbb.org (search USA consumer site)
Old 09-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
lakewoodbilly will become famous soon enoughlakewoodbilly will become famous soon enough

Name: Bill
lakewoodbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to lakewoodbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
4wheelparts.com They took forever to let me know what was going on with my rims and tires. When you order you specify where you want the white letters. I called them and asked if they had the rims I needed with the correct hub center and they said yes, I gave them the specs on my truck. I paid and received the order late, and very wrong. Correct style rims wrong lugs and bore. I contacted them and was told I could order another set and pay full price, my original order was a special. When I get the originals in I could then send the first set back, it would take a minimum of 4 weeks. I decided to shop elsewhere they charged me $130 to send the rims and tires back oh and the tires were installed incorrectly I wanted letters in they sent out. When I called to let them know I wanted my money back and wasn't going to pay to ship them back I got the runaround. I am still dealing with this today. This has been ongoing since April.
same company wasn't real smart when I ordered an air filter; the guy that took the order put in for a 2.7L even though I clearly and specifically told him I had a 4.0L. I caught it based on price before they shipped and had to nag the crap out of them to fix it beforehand. They just aren't very smart, period.