Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Long Term Storage

Old 03-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Long Term Storage

So, I'm set to deploy in April for 13 months and the Taco is going into storage... government storage

Anyone have any experience with this?

How should I prep the Taco for this storage?

I heard they start the vehicles periodically, and they need a full tank of gas... is this true?

Usually I leave the truck with someone who watches it and what not but not this time... I'm a little freaked out about it.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
So, I'm set to deploy in April for 13 months and the Taco is going into storage... government storage

Anyone have any experience with this?

How should I prep the Taco for this storage?

I heard they start the vehicles periodically, and they need a full tank of gas... is this true?

Usually I leave the truck with someone who watches it and what not but not this time... I'm a little freaked out about it.
I dunno that never happened for any of my vehicles, they were taken care of by my family but here's a bump.
Who is watching your new bike? Not them too?
I saw your other post about your assignment too. Be safe, keep us posted.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I dunno that never happened for any of my vehicles, they were taken care of by my family but here's a bump.
Who is watching your new bike? Not them too?
I saw your other post about your assignment too. Be safe, keep us posted.
Bike is going into storage with my other property (furniture, TV, etc)