1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Service Schedule

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Waverly, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    Waverly

Waverly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Hood protector Running boards Tonnuea cover
    It's been 9 months since I bought my truck. Had it serviced at 5k. Just got a message from dealer that it's now due for service, I have 8K on my truck now.
    I have always serviced my previous vehicles every 3k miles or 3 months...which ever came first.
    I understand with my Tacoma...it's every 5k. Is there a time table in which needs to be recognized also? If 5 months comes up before 5K? I have the 2yr Toyota maint plan.
    Thanks guys.....

2. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I always stick with just milage, as far as service. What service are they telling you, that you need? Oil change?

3. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    every 6 months/5000? not sure about you, but when I bought mine back in august, they had me schedule a service appt 6months out from my purchase date, it just may be a reminder for that service?

4. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    Waverly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    They didn't mentioned what service to be done....just assumed oil....

5. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Oil change is very easy to do yourself on these trucks, they sit so high, easy to get under. Pick up a filter and crush washer at the dealer and you brand of oil at wallyworld and less then an hour later your done for under $40.00

6. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:44 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Hmmm, not sure. My dealer didn't have me come back in 6 months. Maybe just like a check up thing. I'm not sure about the months. I only go by milage cause I always make it there 1st anyway. Sorry can't help you on that one.

7. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    X2

8. Mar 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    Waverly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Yeah...could be just a ck up thing..Oh another thing..this message was from management and they think I have a tundra..LOL.
    I will call them up mon.
    I am also considering the oil changes myself also.....just scratching my head head about the schedule.
    Thanks guys :)

9. Mar 5, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Ignore all the maintenance suggestions the dealership sends you.

Use the information in the owners manual and your mileage. Take the truck to them when YOU KNOW its time for service. Or just do the work yourself.

Heck....my truck is 4 years old and I'm out of warrantee (original bumper/bumper) and I still get stuff from the dealership about extending my warrantee. :rolleyes: They finally gave up sending me maintenance info.

They're only trying to 'suggestive sell' and make a few bucks off you by hoping you'll take the truck in earlier than needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top