1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Tooth Controls on Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by BigDan, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    BigDan

BigDan [OP] Travelin’ Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Smoky Mountains, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    None YET! (It's only got 50 miles on it.)
    I just bought a 2011 Taco that has the low end radio. (No Blue tooth.) There are controls on the left side of the steering wheel that control the volume, mode etc., of the radio but on the right side, where the on/off hook are for the phone, there is a piece of plastic to fill up the hole.

I wonder if their is a wiring harness and plug pre-wired that would allow me to plug in a bank of switches to control the bluetooth connection?

I plan to install an aftermarket audio system and it has an interface that will allow me to use all the steering wheel controls. Since the new system will have bluetooth, I would like to have controls on the steering wheel.

Any suggestions?

2. Mar 6, 2011 at 4:07 AM
    H0LLYW00D

H0LLYW00D Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 09 and did added the Bluetooth controls. There are two ways to do it, one is buy the Toyota Bluetooth kit they have for the truck and the second way which I did is buy just the controls and the ribbon cable and install them yourself with an aftermarket stereo that has a compatible steering wheel control adapter installed, when I ordered the parts from Toyota they were from a newe model 4Runner I have the part numbers somewhere if you need them, there is also a thread a rounder here too that I used to do the mod.

Products Discussed in

To Top