Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Green Earth Technologies "Green Oil"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Green Earth Technologies "Green Oil"

Has anyone ever heard of used this stuff Green Earth Technologies http://www.amazon.com/Green-Earth-Te...9725744&sr=1-1

Typically, when you see perfect ratings, it is rigged. Can it really be that good?

Basically, you can poor this stuff in the ground after you drain according to the description.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
anyone?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I dont see how it could be green, disposable , and meet the posted SM rating on the box. Its animal fat , yet they say it outperforms synthetics, yea , i smell a rat.

Basically people want to do good and be rightious, im not saying that to be an ass, but the thing is it sets you up to be suckered and fast. I used to crack jokes of reselling toilet paper under the name eco-green-smart strips. Why? those words sell products. americans often dont care about fact , rather they buy perception and assume noone would lie since its illegal.

I wouldnt touch that oil until more info was forthcoming from other sources.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I dont see how it could be green, disposable , and meet the posted SM rating on the box. Its animal fat , yet they say it outperforms synthetics, yea , i smell a rat.

Basically people want to do good and be rightious, im not saying that to be an ass, but the thing is it sets you up to be suckered and fast. I used to crack jokes of reselling toilet paper under the name eco-green-smart strips. Why? those words sell products. americans often dont care about fact , rather they buy perception and assume noone would lie since its illegal.

I wouldnt touch that oil until more info was forthcoming from other sources.
x2^
Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I used to work for Castrol. They made a hydraulic oil that could be dumped on the ground. It was canola oil based with some all weather and anti rust additives added to it. They even put green dye in it. The oil was made for heavy equipment used in the logging industry. This was about 15 years ago, so I'm sure the technology has improved.

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp...e_htg_4077.pdf
Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting thing to keep an eye on. But i'll keep my dino synthetics till theres more info. I can't afford to replace an engine.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Someone had a virgin analysis done of the 5w-30 "racing" oil on bitog

http://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...Number=2143217

MSDS
http://www.getg.com/productAssets/msds/5W-30%20MSDS.pdf

It may be more biodegradable out of the bottle than others, but I would think not after running it in your engine. It'll be full of wear metals and any other contaminants that happen to get in there. Just compare a virgin sample analysis to an oil change analysis and you can see what all is there.

Products Discussed in this Thread