Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Whining noise...

Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
Whining noise...

I have been reading posts about a whining noise for awhile, and thought that I was plagued with on of the trucks that did it. I have had a couple friends that have told me that theirs didn't make the noise. My Chief(army) has an 07 sport, and he stopped me the other day. Says that it sounds like the Power Steering noise is amplified, and constant. I am about 1500 miles from my warranty running out, and am going to take it to the dealership to see if they can't do anything about. Any thoughts???
Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem. Not worth writing home about, but there nonetheless. I have checked the power steering fluid, and it's fine. Hmmmmmmmm. I have to think someone else has experienced this. Is there a thread somewhere?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
MupxMup is on a distinguished road
MupxMup's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever found out what was making the noise?
Old 07-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
akutan is on a distinguished road
Army: Airborne Infantry
Name: Leonard
akutan's Tacoma Gallery
Go! My warranty ran out not long ago and I just replaced the center bearing and a cracked u-joint. Today the tech finds metal shavings in the rear differential.