Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Severe Binding - What Am I Doing Wrong?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
CrazyOzzy is on a distinguished road
CrazyOzzy's Tacoma Gallery
Severe Binding - What Am I Doing Wrong?

When I'm in snow and stuck, I experience severe binding of the drive train.
I'm now sure whatís up. I'm in 4x4 and
all tires are spinning. Iím only in
about 1 1/2í of snow. Alarms are heard
like the traction control is engaged.
The engine bogs down and everything seems bound up. I let off the gas and can start moving again
but then the same thing happens. Tires
start spinning and then bogs down. Iím
stuck. Iíve tried disabling traction
control. Iím new here and any help is
appreciated.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try going in reverse??

Was that 1.5 FEET of snow? That's a lot of snow to try and plow through. Not sure you'll ever be able to make it thru it unless you can drive OVER it.

Was your locker engaged?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Are you turning the wheel hard to either side? That will bind it for sure. If you're not turning the wheel, you have an issue I'm unfamiliar with.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
To disable the traction control , did you just push the button , or push and hold for 5 seconds ?

These produce different results .