Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

keyless entry 2011

Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
keyless entry 2011

ive searched the forums numerous times and tried the different methods... ive also tried the method that www.ekeylessremotes.com had out on their website.... problem is, on their website it goes up to 2010 only... the same instructions are here on the forums as well......

bottom line, it does not work for 2011... im in need of assistance!!! and i dont want to take it to the stealership to program a key and charge me an arm/leg....

help please... thanks in advance! (this is in regards to the remote.......for now..)

-AnT
Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Rainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0331/1391
Rainman998's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine to the dealership and they re-programmed both remotes for free and it took them a couple minutes. I'd call them
Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think you might be SOL man. I haven't seen any threads of people adding keys to a 2011 truck yet.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

site does only go up to 2010.. however i cchecked all the numbers (FCC ID, IC, MEX) and they match the one that i have from the dealer.. I just got off the phone with ekeylessremotes (Dan) and he said there are 2 methods out there for toyota..... One that does the whole opening the door and closing it, and the other method is with the lock switch on the door handle... i havent found the lock switch method yet... i will call my dealer if i cant find it..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
just an AnT

update:

went to my local hardware store that can cut and program chipped keys.... they were not able to program my key, but they cut it for me for free.... since im going to the stealership this saturday for them to test drive the harsh ride (i have motorcycle and been hauling some construction shiet and i feel the harshness) ill ask them to program and it hopefully for free.....
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
just an AnT

dealership requested to keep my truck until tmr.. they ordered some sort of steering switch thing.. they couldnt program the chip key and remote that i bought... soo basically they gonna replace the switch and reprogram all my keys..

main purpose i brought the truck in was for the rear tsp... it was my appointment today for them to install..
Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
just an AnT

here is an update:

I just got off the phone with the dealer and they were able to program
the remote but not the key. They said that the key was incorrect and
will not work. They advised that i return the key. I did mention that
the key is a 2010 Tacoma key and that it is chipped. The dealer said
simply, "Yeah, the 2011 is a special key and this one will not
work. We would have to order one for you if you like. I would contact
whoever you bought it from for a refund"......

i bought the chipped key and remote from ekeylessremote.. it was for 2010
Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, you would think it wouldn't be so hard.