Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Oh What the Fuck! ....... Blown heads? gasket...New engine?! NO!!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
better yet..

Don't test people some have tried and it's never good
Old 04-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
like this squid

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570
Old 04-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #24
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe a silly question but.... did you put seafoam in your engine recently?
Old 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #25
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Maybe a silly question but.... did you put seafoam in your engine recently?

never used seafoam before... why?

Cory! deal!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #26
jblair is on a distinguished road

jblair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you for a great laugh!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Headgasket most deff.

Pull those heads, get them decked
Install new HG

Might as well do the timing belt and waterpump?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #28
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
never used seafoam before... why?

Cory! deal!
If you used seafoam it would smoke like that. But it would go away after an hour or so of driving. GL with the fix.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #29
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Is that smoke or steam coming from the exhaust?

Take out the spark plugs, look inside each of the cylinders with a mirror and flashlight.

Look for any water or coolant (green). If you see coolant then you have blown a head gasket & warped head.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #30

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
Is that smoke or steam coming from the exhaust?

Take out the spark plugs, look inside each of the cylinders with a mirror and flashlight.

Look for any water or coolant (green). If you see coolant then you have blown a head gasket & warped head.

like steam, truck hasnt been started since the vid but water is leaking of my exhaust.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #31
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
When the engine is cold, you might see condensate coming from the tail pipe until the engine warms up.

You should be thankful you weren't driving down the freeway when that happened My '93 4Runner did that. Toyota warranted '90 something through '96 ish motors for failed head gaskets so it wasn't a complete loss but it did take a long time to get it fixed.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #32
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I know a guy that has a 4Runner and his head gaskets blew. It has the same 3.4L V6. It cost him $3K to get it fixed. My wife's 98 4Runner has 197K miles on it with the same 3.4L V6, it's my biggest fear.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #33
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
I know a guy that has a 4Runner and his head gaskets blew. It has the same 3.4L V6. It cost him $3K to get it fixed. My wife's 98 4Runner has 197K miles on it with the same 3.4L V6, it's my biggest fear.
Its not a common problem with the 3.4L, don't worry about it.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #34
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

I'll give you five bucks to take it off your hands, plus a monster.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #35
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
it was a huge problem at the time. Most of the affected vehicles have been repaired or are long gone though.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #36
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
it was a huge problem at the time. Most of the affected vehicles have been repaired or are long gone though.
Are you sure you're not confused with the 3.0 V6?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #37

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Whoops. My bad!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #38
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
tell me about the truck. I can make you a serious offer, well over 1k.

which cab?
auto or manual?
4x4 or 2wd?
pics? and details to Iwilltakeit@gmail.com
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #39

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Correct, 3.4 are bullet proof! The only reason this happen was cause I cracked my radiator and it overheated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

I'll give you five bucks to take it off your hands, plus a monster.
Make it a 24 pack of Monsters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Yep thats the 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SpeedwaySport View Post
tell me about the truck. I can make you a serious offer, well over 1k.

which cab?
auto or manual?
4x4 or 2wd?
pics? and details to Iwilltakeit@gmail.com

extra cab 4x4 auto

heres the picture

But not for sale

my Dad's buddy is charging me 700 to rebuilt the heads, labor included. Sounds good?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #40

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post

might as well get a new engine!