Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

what does it do?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
taco1985 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
taco1985's Tacoma Gallery
what does it do?

There is a small black plug about 1/2" diameter at the bottom of the kick plate on the passenger side front against the firewall. Does anyone know what it is for? I am assuming it is factory because the kick plate is made around it slightly.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Its to hold the plastic.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Its to hold the plastic.
This ^^^
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Quote:
Its to hold the plastic.
I am not sure why they would make a black plug with electrical connector holes in it to hold the plastic kick plate in. Is there anything else it could be?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
nope. the holes are for style.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Can you post a picture?
Is there somewhere I can read up on how to post pictures to the site? I am new to the site. The plug is about the size of a quarter and has a few small holes in it like you are supposed to plug something into it. The grey plastic kick plate is molded around this plug as if it were a factory install. I will post a picture as soon as I figure out how. Hopefully that will help.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #8

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Its to hold the plastic in plas (can't spell tonight).
Old 04-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco1985 View Post
Is there somewhere I can read up on how to post pictures to the site? I am new to the site. The plug is about the size of a quarter and has a few small holes in it like you are supposed to plug something into it. The grey plastic kick plate is molded around this plug as if it were a factory install. I will post a picture as soon as I figure out how. Hopefully that will help.
Put your mouse on "Tacoma Photos" then select "Upload Photos" from there you can upload photos into you TacomaWorld.com gallery. When you have a picture in your gallery you can right click on the mouse select copy and then pasted into a thread.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #10

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Put your mouse on "Tacoma Photos" then select "Upload Photos" from there you can upload photos into you TacomaWorld.com gallery. When you have a picture in your gallery you can right click on the mouse select copy and then pasted into a thread.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
What the Hell is Right click? Yes I have a Mac.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Like this?

Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco1985 View Post
Quote:
What the Hell is Right click? Yes I have a Mac.
LOL, I won't hold it against you
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Like this?

Yes! Just like that. I am going to shit if S.B. wasn't screwing with me and it actually a trim plug. I don't see anymore anywhere else on the truck like it.