Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Truck started with no oil!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
These oil change threads just keep getting better and better. I wonder how often this happens when the customer isn't standing there to see it. Demand a extended warrenty on the engine!!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
Camo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Drew
Camo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I would of started hitting shit (prob not the tech) and would not even left until I got the thing settled.
yea far enough i might not have hit the guy idk im not in the situation. i do have a anger problem that takes over takes the better of me at time. and yea hitting shit would be done for sure.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
Camo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Camo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
just wondering, if i remember it right. customers are supposedly not allowed in the working bay area right? at least in the dealership i go to. you must be very lucky to be able to go in there.
nah man everytime ive been to my local dealer for work ive watch them work and talked to the techs bout what exactly they were doing and they have never said a word to me.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo23 View Post
yea far enough i might not have hit the guy idk im not in the situation. i do have a anger problem that takes over takes the better of me at time. and yea hitting shit would be done for sure.
Same. I forgot to add that no fist of mine would ever come near the taco.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #25

Marines:
Camo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Same. I forgot to add that no fist of mine would ever come near the taco.
ehh i cant say the same i got mad one day and all i saw was red and i punched the shit outta the bed of my truck. but no visible damage so its all good
Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ehh i cant say the same i got mad one day and all i saw was red and i punched the shit outta the bed of my truck. but no visible damage so its all good
lol
Old 04-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn right, hell this isnt even my truck and im mad. im seriously if you are a tech that forgets to put oil in during a change the you my friend are a failure to the human species.
yeah, no shit. thats like forgetting to put flour in a cake.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #28

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
yeah, no shit. thats like forgetting to put flour in a cake.
Cake? How about meat in a samitch?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
Tacomatrd2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Tacomatrd2010's Tacoma Gallery
Heck ya i should get a new truck! This is not my fault. It is the second oil change. If you want something done rite I guess u do have to do it yourself! If there was another Toyota dealer in my town I would have went because these guys are all dumb shits that work there! I had problems with my 250 I bought there in 07 and they fuk'd me over then too, tryn to make me pay for recall work. This is the start of a very long drawn out process.. been through it before and here it goes again!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see how this ends. Hopefully they get you a new motor.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #31

No that's like forgetting the bowl to put the cake in! Who the f@&$ forgets the oil!? I'm so pissed I can't even sleep!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
These oil change threads just keep getting better and better. I wonder how often this happens when the customer isn't standing there to see it. Demand a extended warrenty on the engine!!
no shit, makes me think what else he fukd up on! better check my lug nuts in the AM!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #33
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet Corp
Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna know how this shakes out. That's bullshit.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #34
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to see if/where you take this. should be an interesting read
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #35

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatrd2010 View Post
no shit, makes me think what else he fukd up on! better check my lug nuts in the AM!
I watched a tech today put the lugs on a car with the Air impact! Some ahole at Frank Toyota did that to my front tires.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #36
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I had a tech at a local Toyota dealership forget to put the cap back on after doing an oil change on my 2009 Corolla. I drove to Wisconsin with it like that... We discovered it at my dealership there. The cap was still chilling there, on its side and the car was still OVER filled... Even after a 2,000 mile drive. I suppose it could have been worse, but I probably would have noticed sooner.

The technician was fired and no more C techs were allowed to touch my cars. I got free oil changes (and other stuff) for more than a year. I avoid the dealership as much as possible at this point. Mistakes happen but many of the technicians are idiots and should be watched -- which everyone should have the right to do.

OP, make sure they make this right for you...in some way.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #37
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
The agony you will endure to get even a satisfactory result will be astonishing. There was another instance of this recently, but not sure how that panned out.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
I'd like to see how this ends. Hopefully they get you a new motor.
all keep it updated, thanks man. me too
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
I would like to see if/where you take this. should be an interesting read
sumthings gotta happen! im way to f@#$ anal to let this slide
Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #40

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I had a tech at a local Toyota dealership forget to put the cap back on after doing an oil change on my 2009 Corolla. I drove to Wisconsin with it like that... We discovered it at my dealership there. The cap was still chilling there, on its side and the car was still OVER filled... Even after a 2,000 mile drive. I suppose it could have been worse, but I probably would have noticed sooner.

The technician was fired and no more C techs were allowed to touch my cars. I got free oil changes (and other stuff) for more than a year. I avoid the dealership as much as possible at this point. Mistakes happen but many of the technicians are idiots and should be watched -- which everyone should have the right to do.

OP, make sure they make this right for you...in some way.
gona try!