Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Truck started with no oil!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Tacomatrd2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Tacomatrd2010's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Truck started with no oil!

So I took my 2010 Tacoma in to get an oil change ( cuz I got free pre paid oil changes) and was standing there talking to the tech when he started my truck up and let it run for a min so he could check the oil level, he pulls the dip stick out and it's bone dry! So he try's again, same thing! Empty! He's says "oops I forgot the oil " wtf! Is my truck ok?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
No, your engine is fucked, seriouly! Go direct to corperate and get them to replace the engine.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
No, your engine is fucked, seriouly! Go direct to corperate and get them to replace the engine.
x2
Old 04-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
And that's why you should do your own oil changes.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well first get the guy fired then get a new engine. Seriously how dumb are some people?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Well first get the guy fired then get a new engine. Seriously how dumb are some people?
very.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
wow, i am speechless. Get that dude fired. Then complain your ass off to toyota until you get a new motor. That's complete BS!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
Tacomatrd2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Tacomatrd2010's Tacoma Gallery
That's for sure! I freaked out and made a lil of a seen but who wouldn't!? My truck only has 7k on it. I made them write on my ticket that the tech started my truck with no oil.... Don't know what to do now..? Demand a new truck!?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
So he let it run for a minute? Crap. I think it would probably be ok if it ran no more than 15 seconds, but a minute would clear out the remaining fil of oil stuck to the cylinders therefore causing bare metal to rub
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
Camo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Camo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatrd2010 View Post
That's for sure! I freaked out and made a lil of a seen but who wouldn't!? My truck only has 7k on it. I made them write on my ticket that the tech started my truck with no oil.... Don't know what to do now..? Demand a new truck!?
DEMAND a new truck or motor. if it was me, a lil scene would end with me in handcuffs for beating the shit outta that dumbass tech.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #11

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
just wondering, if i remember it right. customers are supposedly not allowed in the working bay area right? at least in the dealership i go to. you must be very lucky to be able to go in there.
Today I was looking over the tech's shoulder for like an hour. The service writer walked me back there to talk with the tech. Its your truck you can watch them anytime you want IMO. I've been back their a few times before. If they won't let you, the make them let you.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatrd2010 View Post
i would deffinetly demand a new motor. no fuckn questions. doesnt matter how good their engines are...new motor.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #13

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo23 View Post
DEMAND a new truck or motor. if it was me, a lil scene would end with me in handcuffs for beating the shit outta that dumbass tech.
lol. If this is the first oil change then I would demand a new truck (since its so new).
Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #14
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, you wouldn't have.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #15
Camo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCamo23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Camo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
lol. If this is the first oil change then I would demand a new truck (since its so new).
Damn right, hell this isnt even my truck and im mad. im seriously if you are a tech that forgets to put oil in during a change the you my friend are a failure to the human species.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #16

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
thanks for the tip. i'll try to do that next time. after reading posts like these i guess its time to get my hands dirty.
The first time I went back their, I forgot my keys (attached to the truck key) and I expected them to bring it out, but the service writer took me back their to get it.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #17

Marines:
Camo23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
No, you wouldn't have.
how not?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #18

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn right, hell this isnt even my truck and im mad. im seriously if you are a tech that forgets to put oil in during a change the you my friend are a failure to the human species.
^^^This
Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I watched a Toyota tech do my first oil change when I got my truck. The guy said he'd ask the technician if I could watch the procedure.

It seems to be up the tech whether I could watch or not. I also gave him my own oil so he had to put it in right there.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #20

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
No, you wouldn't have.
I would of started hitting shit (prob not the tech) and would not even left until I got the thing settled.