1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

vibration at 20mph '06 tacoma 4door trd

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Diveman0936, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Apr 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    fanofpre

fanofpre Member

Member:
    Hello my friend....

I certainly would have marked the driveshaft(that was my intention, but, when I left the truck for those 3 days, I had no idea they were going to do that....I had my Sharpie in hand)....they "said" that they switched out my driveshaft for another on the lot. In my opinion(and that of my mechanic of over 30 years), that wouldn't have made a true difference, as it could still be out of balance AND the mounts could be off. I do not trust them one bit, if you must know. None of the "techs" who rode with me, including the shop foreman at another dealership, will return my calls/e-mails.....now, after the fact, they will not admit the vibration that they were feeling when they drove it...heck, the General Manager of Toyota of Stafford even drove it, and said, and I quote, "it makes my hands tingle!" He wouldn't put that in writing for me, but I quoted him in my arbitration letter nonetheless. You are in N. Va? Tell me more! Take care!

Barry

2. Jul 27, 2007 at 6:56 PM
    spo70

spo70 New Member

Member:
    Great write up Austin-tx-taco.
    I think this is what most of us were looking for.
    I have an '07 Tacoma short bed sport 4x4 with the vibration/shutter at @20mph too. I noticed it around 200-400 miles into truck. I took into dealer (southern MD) around 2500 miles. They acknowledged the vibration/shutter and tried to fix.
    Note: its not in brakes...because I can duplicate issue WITHOUT applying pressure to brakes.
    Dealer noted that they adj. drive shaft bearing. The issue was not 100% fixed.
    It seemed better but as a drove truck I notice it to still be there. I have not drove truck in cold weather yet either. I am starting a log on issue and with the help of this forum I hope I can get dealer to replace drive shaft components like austin-tx-taco did.
    Note: I had an 05 Tacoma SR5 4x4 long bed for 1yr and it did NOT have this vibration/shutter issue.

3. Mar 21, 2008 at 7:36 PM
    Tacoberry

Tacoberry Member

Member:
    Richmond, Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2004 Prerunner V6 Double Cab
    Lots of dog hair
    Sorry in advance for dredging up old posts, but I have this issue on my recently purchased 07 DC.
    I have a noticable shimmy under accelertion between 1st and 2nd gear. Happens during decel as well, but more prominent under light acceleration.

I haven't found any recent posts on this issue. Is there a TSB, resolution or silver bullet I can shoot the dealership with?
    I just got done going several rounds with them about my leaf spring TSB and am not looking forward to proving this issue exists as well...

Thanks

4. Mar 23, 2008 at 5:06 PM
    fanofpre

fanofpre Member

Member:
    Hi!

Here's what I did(in case you missed my previous posts....)...after 8 months of "dealing" w/ the dealership, etc.......3-inch thick file folder on attempted fixes.....lost "arbitration"(A Toyota joke, as THEY pay the arbitrators...hmmmm)....I filed a lemonlaw suit(here in Va.).....I found the lawfirm online(Alex Simonosky...spelling may be off a letter or two)......they did everything....Toyota sent me a check for the truck for what I paid for it.......law firm collected their fees from Toyota as well.....I think if enough owners of the "said" truck w/ the "said" problem speak up, Toyota will have to listen! Good luck! BTW, I went out and bought an Eddie Bauer Explorer...oh well!

Best,

Barry

Products Discussed in

To Top