Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Mobile1 or Eneos?

Old 04-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Mobile1 or Eneos?

I know alot of people prefer Mobile1 Full Synthetic because of availability, but what about Eneos? I am looking on Amazon because I like to shop online and seen the Eneos oil. Anyone have experience? I'm not reading any negatives on the oil. It is a little more than Mobile1 though.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
I know alot of people prefer Mobile1 Full Synthetic because of availability, but what about Eneos? I am looking on Amazon because I like to shop online and seen the Eneos oil. Anyone have experience? I'm not reading any negatives on the oil. It is a little more than Mobile1 though.
Without being too critical... you're not likely to get any opinions more substantive than a "I've used it with no problems" here. If you really interested in learning something significant about it, go to BITOG (bobistheoilguy.com) and look to see if there are any users with used oil analysis (UOA) or virgin oil analysis (VOA). That will give you a lot more information to sink your teeth into.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They are both great oils. I just switched to Mobile 1. The truck seems to like it.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Eneos oil is nothing special. Its a group III base stock oil. Their higher end stuff is group IIII, but those are mostly in different weights than what Toyota calls for in the Tacoma.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Eneos oil is nothing special. Its a group III base stock oil. Their higher end stuff is group IIII...
Curious... wonder how you know this. I've read Eneos 'full synth' is a gp III/IV blend but also that it is gp V esther. Thing is, noone knows for certain. Mfr's don't tell 'cause that limits their ability to reformulate and oil analyisis that us commoners can afford can't resolve that fact. That leads to lots of semi-informed speculation.

Inquiring minds would like to know!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post
Curious... wonder how you know this. I've read Eneos 'full synth' is a gp III/IV blend but also that it is gp V esther. Thing is, noone knows for certain. Mfr's don't tell 'cause that limits their ability to reformulate and oil analyisis that us commoners can afford can't resolve that fact. That leads to lots of semi-informed speculation.

Inquiring minds would like to know!
A friend of mine works in the patrolium business, and regularly samples oils. I went to him for research, and he came back with that info, and a bit more for me.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A friend of mine works in the patrolium business, and regularly samples oils. I went to him for research, and he came back with that info, and a bit more for me.
Patrolium

Lol
Old 04-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Patrolium

Lol
Did you know me spelling sucks? WLECOME TO TW!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you know me spelling sucks? WLECOME TO TW!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
So long as it meets the specs, almost any brand name oil will keep your engine running well long past the point other stuff starts to shit the bed.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
So long as it meets the specs, almost any brand name oil will keep your engine running well long past the point other stuff starts to shit the bed.
Correct.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
True even at 5K change intervals and especially true using 3K change intervals. That's why you should expect something really special when spending the extra money for synthetic oils... that special something is longer OCI's, like 10,000 miles / 12 months in my case.