Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Cv slop and vibration

Old 04-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Cv slop and vibration

I apologize in advance if there is a topic on this, my home internet is down and I can't search with my phone.

So I replaced my cv last week and havnt had any problems. Well I was on a rough road yesterday and now it get vibs from 40 to 50 mph. I looked under my truck and where the cv going into the differential there is space and I can move the cv back and fourth probably 2 to 3 centimeters. did the rough road cause my cv to come loose or something?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure you seated the clip all the way when installing the CV?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya I double checked it to before putting everything back together. But I'm thinking the rough road maybe tweeked the ring
Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Ya I double checked it to before putting everything back together. But I'm thinking the rough road maybe tweeked the ring
maybe. I've actually never replaced a CV so Im not really familiar with how they work. Maybe someone else will chime in with more info.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #5

I hope so because I'm pissed I'm going to have to take it all apart again

Thanks tho stephen
Old 04-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #6

Does anyone know where I can get a new snap ring just in case that is the problem?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
You should not be able to pull it out of the transmission by hand.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
You should not be able to pull it out of the transmission by hand.

free bump for ya OP
Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #9
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Look in one of the dealer's online parts catalogs. The snap ring should be in there.

The snap ring should hold the half shaft in with enough tension to require a pry bar to pull it out.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #10

Ok, I'm going to pull it and replace it with a new snap ring.