Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

22RE in Oregon - Best place to Buy New/Rebuild

Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
22RE in Oregon - Best place to Buy New/Rebuild

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone in the Oregon/Washington has had a 22RE either rebuilt or bought a refurbished engine in this area. I'm currently looking at buying a fully refurbished S&J Engine with a new casting head. Check them out here...

https://www.sandjengines.com/

Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Not really interested in hearing about small shops in the area that know how to rebuild engines in general. I'm looking for 22RE specific jobs if possible.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Come on Oregon/Washington guys!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
I am a 22RE fan and the best rebuild kits are at http://engnbldr.com/ you can also get head performance work done there.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBToyota View Post
I am a 22RE fan and the best rebuild kits are at http://engnbldr.com/ you can also get head performance work done there.
Yeah I've heard endless stuff about them even from guys who are thousands of miles away. I'm a big fan of warranties and having kinks worked out on someone elses dollar rather than dealing with endless small issues. That's the only reason I'm looking for a full new engine. S&J is the best I've seen price/quality wise. They actually start the engine and make you send them a code readout once the engine is in the rig to ensure that its running correctly and they can honor the warranty.

I love getting my hands dirty and I'll be installing the engine myself. But at a time of limited funds in my life I'm looking to spend a little extra up front to avoid endless issues down the line...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else have any info? Possible experience with S & J?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bump! I would love some info guys.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Tckwarrior is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Tckwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Dons machine shop in Gresham is great. There is a place in sandy that also rebuilds.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/372021...builders-sandy