1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front License Plate

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by deadbolt, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Oct 21, 2008 at 1:33 AM
    BGreene

BGreene Rookie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Sharpsburg, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DC- Black
    Blacked Out Emblems, Blacked out grille, 20% Tint-over factory, Paint matched rear bumper, 3" Suspension Lift, Custom "TRD Black" Decals, BHLM, Seat belt chime mod. Mods to come: Bull bar, step bars, scooped hood, OEM skid plate, tinted tails
    I guess we don't have this problem in GA!
    We're only required to have one license plate- and that's in the back.

2. Oct 21, 2008 at 5:30 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Off subject a bit (or maybe not)...

I had a dream last night that I took my front bumper off and put a full ARB bumper on there (don't know why - I don't go off-road). Then I did a Satoshi Grill mod, and I mounted the license plate on the outside of the grill on the passenger side so it protected my URD True Cold Air Intake from direct debris.

That is what I get for posting and drinking before I go to bed. :der:

3. Oct 21, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    BGreene

BGreene Rookie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Sharpsburg, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DC- Black
    Blacked Out Emblems, Blacked out grille, 20% Tint-over factory, Paint matched rear bumper, 3" Suspension Lift, Custom "TRD Black" Decals, BHLM, Seat belt chime mod. Mods to come: Bull bar, step bars, scooped hood, OEM skid plate, tinted tails
    When you start dreaming of Tacoma parts & mods, you know you've become a true owner! HA!

4. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Texas has been using the windshield stickers for MANY years now, but two plates are still required.

From the transportation code in chapter 502: Registration of Vehicles: (http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/TN/content/htm/tn.007.00.000502.00.htm)

§ 502.404. OPERATION OF VEHICLE WITHOUT LICENSE PLATE OR
    REGISTRATION INSIGNIA. (a) A person commits an offense if the
    person operates on a public highway during a registration period a
    passenger car or commercial motor vehicle that does not display two
    license plates, at the front and rear of the vehicle
    , that have
    been:
    (1) assigned by the department for the period; or
    (2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the
    department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the
    period.

I received a ticket for this a bunch of years ago. However, I'm not entirely certain that it's a primary violation.

5. Oct 23, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    lakewoodbilly

lakewoodbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Lakewood, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 08 DC V6 SR5 4WD TRD Sport
    Factory DRL's, Underhood Flood LED's, Underbody Multi-color LEDS, Red Line Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Anytime Fog Lights, PIAA 4100 Intense White, Luminics JDM Yellow H10 Fog Lights, OBX Sport Pedals, Sill Protectors, Bed Net, Front Bed Tie Downs, iPod and Aux Factory HU Interface, Sirius Sportster 5, Satellite Antenna through third brake light
    There are a few states where you are only issued one plate such as North Carolina; sounds like Georgia is the same way. I know that Quebec is also like that whereas in Ontario you need front and back.

I'm been harrassed in Colorado before because my front plate had fallen off and so I did not have one. Didn't get a ticket though.

6. Aug 13, 2019 at 2:41 AM
    Comet'spop

Comet'spop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SanDiego Ca.
    Vehicle:
    06trd4x4,4dr.longbed Super White
    Buncha shit
    I got a ticket for no front license plate while parked,it's a fixit ticket,used to be free,but it still cost me $35 bucks.The price you pay to live in California

Products Discussed in

To Top