Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Best spray paint for bull/light bar?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ph16drive's Tacoma Gallery
Best spray paint for bull/light bar?

What is the best spray paint to use for a bull/light bar? I started construction of my bull/light bar back in Aug 2010 and now it is time to paint it. I actually used a product from Ace but it didn't cure/harden and remained tacky and I had to remove it all and resand. I'm looking to paint it black satin.

I know there are several better products/processes (powder coat, professional painter, etc) than spray paint but I'm going to spray paint mine and can always have it professionally done at a later time. Anyhow, what have you used and what worked the best? Keep in mind I live in Ohio so exposure to road salt is a reality 3-4 months of the year.

Thanks for your recommendations.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I used Rustoleum Satin for my Avid bar, been on a few months now and it's holding up great