Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Custom Mounting Smartphones

Old 04-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
dmbtiger19 is on a distinguished road

dmbtiger19's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Mounting Smartphones

Okay I know I'm not the only one thinking about rigging up a custom mount for my new phone, so I wanted to see if anyone had any examples to work off of.

Oh, and sorry for the random picture, but again... playing with he new phone.

Powered by Android
Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Why make a custom mount? Someone probably already makes one for your phone.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
the type of phone might make it easier
I have a droid x with the car dock and love it. I only use it on long trips though
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You could look into the Ram Mount stuff. It's a piecemeal system where you fit together different bases for different mounting options. There are tons of different mounts.

http://www.ram-mount.com/
Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
dmbtiger19 is on a distinguished road

dmbtiger19's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the new Thunderbolt so I'm hoping to use the phone for a nav until I upgrade the stereo and I've got a Bluetooth OBD2 connected to torque. I was thinking of something a little more substantial than throwing it in the forward bin and I don't want wires all over the place.

I've already conceded that I'll have to rig something up but I was wondering if anyone else had tried anything. I saw one guys ipod dock in-between the center console and the gear selector