Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

hot taco!!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
Bartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really nice

Name: Bill
Bartaco's Tacoma Gallery
hot taco!!

hey all,has anyone had over heating problems? I just bought this thing and
I know the guy installed an ellectric fan but it runs hot the guage comes up to running temp in record time. the thrmostat seems to be doing its job but in traffic yesterday it started creeping toward the hot side.I had to flip on the heat to help it out. any Ideas.I know hes had the system flushed more than once... he has reciepts.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartaco View Post
hey all,has anyone had over heating problems? I just bought this thing and
I know the guy installed an ellectric fan but it runs hot the guage comes up to running temp in record time. the thrmostat seems to be doing its job but in traffic yesterday it started creeping toward the hot side.I had to flip on the heat to help it out. any Ideas.I know hes had the system flushed more than once... he has reciepts.
umm.... what speed does the electric fan run at? also is it shrouded in ?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
Bartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really niceBartaco is just really nice

Bartaco's Tacoma Gallery
no shroud not sure bout the speed kind of a ham and egg job looks like!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what kind of electric fan? check the model number, could be spinning too slow. also, shrouds help pull air evenly throughout the radiator area, increasing cooling.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #5

Bartaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to get back to you,but thanks!!! the Easter bunny cometh!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartaco View Post
I'll have to get back to you,but thanks!!! the Easter bunny cometh!!
kk! Good luck in your research

Happy Zombie jesus day
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #7

Bartaco's Tacoma Gallery
Zombie Jesus day?...... I get it ...LMAO!!!!! it took me a second...'im old
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Leaking water pump? That may cause it also..
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #9

Bartaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
Was the electric fan installed *in place of* the original fan that hooks onto the water pump? If so, you might want to get yourself a fan clutch, oem fan, and shroud. Ditch the electric fan, which won't do you ANY good.
yes the fan was installed inplace of the oem fan clutch ,fan and shroud.I have since ditched the e/fan and am trying to get rid of the electrical mess that was installed I think its t5he cause of my dash lights going out at random times.seems like a short.any Ideas? I am in the process of finding a used fan clutch and fan and shroud That was sound advice Thanks much!!!